Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a "What do you do" thread, but there is so much more to know about a person. So introduce yourself here!

My name is Chris Miller. I am 29 years old, married and a proud father of 2 little girls, 4 and 7 years old. I enjoy hunting, business, and the internet. I was born and raised in Missouri, but have lived in TX and will be heading back there next month.

I really enjoy the outdoors and get out as much as I can, but it's never enough. I'm also into shooting whenever I can, scuba diving, and taking the harley out every chance I get. Recently got into reloading too and looking forward to spending more time with that.

How about you? I look forward to meeting more of the members here!

·
31 Posts
My name is Rick Burkholder. I'm 42 years old. I'm married with 2 sons, 21 & 16. I work Heavy Highway Construction. I'm a member of Local 1058. I was born & raised in the mountains of SW PA. I ran beagles all my life & 2 years ago I stumbled on to a couple of coyote hounds. Well I really fell in love with this. I hunt more coyotes than anything now & when our deer season is in I can't wait till its over so I can run the hounds again.

My wife is a Master Taxidermist. She went to the World Show in Missouri last summer. There was people from 14 different nations competing. She competed in Professional Lifesize Mammals. There was only 6 Blue Ribbons given out. She won 3 of the 6.

·
24 Posts
My name is Jordan Norton I'm 23 and I've been married about for a year and a half and am expecting my first kid in September. Pretty excited about that a new hunting buddy! I farm and run a fertilizer company with my dad. I was born and raised here in Southern Colorado and have been hunting since I could shoot a gun. My dad introduced it to me real young and I was hooked. I also enjoy just about all outdoor sports especially snowmobiling and motocross. I hunt everything that I can here and enjoy going on hunting trips when time and money allow that. Went to Canada in 05 on a black bear hunt with my dad, little brother and some cousins that was really cool. I've also been to west Texas a few times on predator hunts thats a kick most of it was done at night that just adds another dimension to an already exciting sport. I love to be outdoors my jobs allows that and when I'm not working I'm usually in the mountains. I enjoy shooting paper aswell I've done a little competition stuff when I was 21 but I got too busy but i would love to get back into that. I reload all my own ammo so that makes shooting alot a little more affordable.

·
4 Posts
Hi guys....thanks for the invite.

My name is Joe Bradshaw, I am 55 years old, with the same old wife for 37 years
and three great kids. I live in Arkansas and love to call predators...

·
7 Posts
Hi. My name is Michelle Burkholder. I'm married to the PA Hillbilly. I'm a taxidermist. I've been doing taxidermy since 1993. I enjoy competing in taxidermy & a lot of things outdoors. I was born & raised in SW PA. I lived in Va for a while, but I couldn't stay away from PA. I don't hunt as much as my husband but I do enjoy getting out with the dogs.

·
118 Posts
Hello my name is Earl J Boyett ( Cur Dog ) , I am 61 and have been hunting and shooting for 56 years. My dad started me out young and I love the outdoor. I was born and reared in South East Texas. My Dad started me out on a single shot 22 and we went out to shoot every Sunday afternoon. On my nineth birthday he bought me a used 22 auto and I used it till it was worn out. Started realoading in the late seventyies and still do. When I was 12 he turned me loose to hunt on my on when he couldn't go. I've never been lost but turned around twice.
In my younger days there was lots of hogs in the woods as it was open range. Gettin' a blackberry thicket with a Pineywood Rooter will make the hair stand up. We killed what we wanted to eat and left the rest alone. Since my Dad didn't hunt deer our main thing was squirel. He and I had some really exciting hunts and I sure miss him.
Got into Deer hunting when I was 24 and killed my first buck. Now that set me on fire. I've been an avid deer hunter every since. Today I kill one or two for meat and then hunt for the Big One's. Hunting Predators such as yotes and cats is one of the most exciting things I've ever done. That old yote is a very big chalange and never the same.
This part of Texas has changed a lot since the days we could hunt where we wanted too. Unless you are owner of a good piece of land you got to pay to hunt. That's pretty much the whole of Texas. Boy I sure like it out in the Hillcountry and further west. Growing up here in EastTexas as I did hunting ih Creek bottoms and along Branches is something I wish every young man could do. Being out there with only God and the animals is what it is all about.

·
38 Posts
Hi my name is Mitch Coleman im 27 been married going on three years. I have one daughter she is 8 months . I am a member of ibew local 1105 and I make custom calls . I live to hunt , we are a bowhunting family that is our main hobby whether it be hunting or competing. We also film our hunts and that has become a new addiction itself , I am also on staff for PSE archery . I have competition raccoon hunted all over that was my main hobby for a long time but have gotten away from it , but still love to hear a good hound chase. Coyote's are an off season sport for me ,dont get me wrong I dont pass up any opportunity if it arises, but this is the time of year when we hit them the hardest . Most of the other time is spent chasing other species. I just really like the outdoors and try to spend as much time enjoying it as I can . I also guide in handicap hunts whenever possible and take alot of youths hunting . I know to hunt some of the places I have and the expierences are a blessing and I thank my father for that. Check out my website colemangamecalls.com nothing fancy but there is some good stuff on there.

·
37 Posts
hey guys,my name is ron g.from upstate ny.father of 3 boys,15,9,6,married like 18 yrs..self employed p+h cont.love predator hunting.been trying for many yrs,dont get alot of kills,but addicted,,,,we just got blasted with a storm here so its going to be tough for awhile,,,

·
49 Posts
i'm casey, i'm a member of NECA and IBEW LOCAL 322 member.
i have three kids and 4 grand kids and one old woman i meen wife{or is it mean old woman} that i love
i bought my first call in 1975
now i collect them.
i started buying custom calls after getting one of joe bradshaws made from one of my shed antlers. It is outstanding
i tell everyone "some folks collect stamps, i collect calls. mine are a lot more fun."
if i'm off work i'm out calling.
that reminds me i best get my shower and get my camo on the sun is almost here.

·
184 Posts
Hello,
I'm Ellie. I am a taxidermist from Tampa, FL. I entered some mounts in my state taxidermy competition last month and got some pretty good scores on them!
I am new to hunting but so far I love it! I went on my first hog hunt last September, and this September I will go on my first deer hunt at the Cypress Creek Hunting Lodge, in SC. Sometime I'd like to try predator hunting or raccoon hunting, too.

·
6 Posts
Hi Guys & Girls, I am Tony Diebold from the great Black Rock Desert country of north west nevada. I have been calling coyotes since the late 1950s, man you should have been here ......... twenty coyote days were not uncommon back then. I was a government trapper here for years and finally just could not take working for the government any more and quit them around 1980 just in time for the fur market boom. For the next eight years I trapped fur for my living and took wildlife photos in the off season. Then about twenty-five years ago when the fur market crashed I started taking people hunting and started Nevada Trophy Hunts. Now I am 66 years young and still do all of the same boring stuff above. Glad to be here, TONY
View attachment 376

Attachments

·
170 Posts
Howdy name is Brian
spent 13 of the last 15 years managing 4 hunting lodges in east texas (Mayflower area) for a large timber company when they sold i went to a ranch in south texas to do the same----big mistake they only hire people for 1-2 years then let them go and rehire unknowning individuals. it keeps the wages down that way.
now in ft worth area taking care of my parents and wife and 2 boys are in jasper texas taking care of hers.
have been reloading since early 80's and hunting anything since i can remember. currently unemployed so if anyone knows of a hunting lodge that needs a manager please let me know prefer south and south west but at this point have 4 mouths to feed as well as hunting and gun collecting habits to supply. as you can see from my user name i am a graduate of Texas A&M.
looking forward to the interesting reading here. (and any employment leads)

·
1 Posts
Hello there Ladies and gentelmen
My mane is steve like many others here I have been hunting for a lot of years, (42) mostly wing shooting and small game but I've been infected with the coyote bug this year and am lovin it!
great site with some great information and people glad to be a part of it.

Don't hate me cause I'm from California. I'm sure there are a lot of better reasons once you get to know me

·
118 Posts
SteathMode308B, Glad to have you as a new member. Put all you want into this site. There are some really great talk goes on here.

·
24 Posts
Chad Sims, 38 from Central Ohio.
Owner/Operator of a Septic Tank cleaning company. Race Spotter in Nascar K&N Pro West Series and Nascar Camping World Truck Series. I enjoy coyote hunting, which I just started
this year.

·
39 Posts
Jim Galbraith from Cusseta Georgia, 44 years old and a former GM repair technician with 23 years experience. I am jumping ship on April the 5th. I start at the West Point Georgia KIA assembly plant on the 5th. I will post some pic's of my impending 14 days stay in Korea for training and orientation. but on the other note, I love yote and bobcat hunting, I use it to fill in the gaps on the deer and turkey seasons. I am the owner and operator of Cherokee's European Mount service so if you want some predator skulls displayed give me a hoot.

CEM logo redo 1..jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts