Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was sitting in my snow fort i built in the middle of the field.
it is built high enough so thay can not see me. i then did a locator howl and they started howling back like crazy. i waited about 20 min then used my lill sqeaker. followed buy a single howl. then waited a while. there was no wind i had a rabbit decoy up with deer blood around it. and it smelled like a dead animal for sure. i saw nothing.. did i do somthing wrong or was i on the right track? should i do something different after the all respond back to my locator call? all the help and sugestions would be great.. thanks..
Aaron S

·
17 Posts
Aaron,
How far do you believe they were from you when they started to howl?
If I use a locator to get them howling then I usually try to go back in the am close to where they were howling and run a distress calls. This has worked best for me.
You may have done nothing wrong, welcome to the game of eastern coyote calling.
Thats why its called coyote hunting not coyote killing...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aaron,
How goes it? Up here in wisconsin if I get them to howl back especially when i start out with a Squeling rabbit call They usually wont come in it is usually as I call it a courtesy call they are giving me. If i use a locator call i get a a response depending on how close they are i will try and move and get into a different area and call to them to make it seem like they are moving works for me anyhow.
Hope this helps somewhat.
Good luck.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help fellas. i will deff be trying to do what you say. i was also wondering what kind of bait you use.. i use deer meat when ever i get some. but thats rare. so i was using kibbels and bits dog food. they ate that stuff up like crazy. thanks for your helps again God Bless
Aaron s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts