Predator Hunting Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The water testing and drain field inspections are on hold, because they couldn't find the underground system. Drawings were too old and didn't contain dimensions or measurements. Now they gotta start digging with machines to find stuff. Dang. Another job to clean up when they're finished, which can only happen after Miss Dig is contacted to stake underground utilities. At least they took water samples with results to be forthcoming.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All clear with the water and drain system testing. Glenway gets paid today at noon closing.

Gotta pay Biden and governor Whitmer first. Bet they don't even say thank you. At least the neighbors in the subdivision have already done so. A good feeling to see it through but I wouldn't do it again and won't.

Retirement here I come! And, it starts this afternoon when we take the great-granddaughters to the county fair.

·
Registered
316 Posts
All clear with the water and drain system testing. Glenway gets paid today at noon closing.

Gotta pay Biden and governor Whitmer first. Bet they don't even say thank you. At least the neighbors in the subdivision have already done so. A good feeling to see it through but I wouldn't do it again and won't.

Retirement here I come! And, it starts this afternoon when we take the great-granddaughters to the county fair.
Congratulations. Sounds like you have your priorities set. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

right on ,congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Die Hard Member
2,336 Posts
Enjoy retirement but, it will take some adjusting to, I have found out and so has a friend who has retired in Dec. Now you can do what ever you want, with in reason.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A good problem to have, Barry. I'll still be working all along - just not for others. No time to put the feet up.

Thanks for the well-wishes, men.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Congrats my friend. Now get to work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks again to everyone with the well-wishes. The buyers were so happy to close the deal. Husband and wife with two kids living in a condo association will get a refreshing taste of country life and freedom. They didn't care at all about the backyard being torn up and needing some work. The man of the house has ordered a new John Deere garden tractor to be delivered to the new house and was quite excited to get a place of his own.

The handcuffs are off now and I almost forgot: tractor show this week! No restorations this time around. Gonna take one already restored, my '54 Ford. I'll have to check it for dust first, but looking forward to "working hard at nothing all day" and, once again, seeing my friends at the show.

Finished my food plot work yesterday, so it's sit back and watch for a while. Maybe put the feet up. Naw!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts