Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A pic from the family room into the kitchen. A few months ago, there was a wall in the way. Much better now.
Cabinetry Building Window Wood Hall

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
Nice work glenwhey… what’s up with that whey ?

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
It shouldn’t make you rejoin. I just used my username and password.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
it is almost comical.... two or three years ago home buyers around here would pick apart any minor defect on a house . now they will get in bidding wars and pay thousands over the asking price without a second thought.

sure glad I am not looking for a home right now!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the craze has caught on here. Gonna gut it out for a while. Another showing last evening so we'll see if there will be another offer. I'm not desperate to sell, but each day on the market means paying taxes, insurance, and utilities on the vacant place plus outdoor maintenance. That's just part of the game. At least I don't have to sell right away and can afford to wait. Kinda exciting in a way.

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
Good luck in the game Glen. I’m betting you’ll win.

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone appreciates what we did to that ol' house. Got an offer of $290K that I didn't refuse from a pre-qualified buyer. The woman liked it so much, she's not even getting an inspection.

Now if the house qualifies for an FHA mortgage, it's over. Fingers crossed.

My great grandson, who is with me for a week, has been a good helper with house showings by going with me making sure everything is perfect before the prospects arrive. We check everything and he runs the cordless vacuum in the basement and garage sucking up anything that has appeared, while I turn the lights on - all of them and the A.C. Then, after the showing, we go back and shut everything down. Good thing it's only 5 minutes from my place.

In a couple of hours, the youngster and I are headed north to Michigan's wilderness with my boat and tent for a few days of adventure on the water. He's a good kid and I enjoy his company. Should be fun exploring some new territory.

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
Have fun, and remember, no matter what he says, don't trade fart sacks with him.
Good luck with the sale !

Reactions: hassell

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Getting the water well and drain field inspected today. Also, I have filed an insurance claim for hail damage to the siding and roof relative to the hail storm of June 12th I posted here. Many houses in the area are getting new roofs. Siding is aluminum and it has many new dents. Just something else to complicate things. New owner will benefit and doesn't know it yet. Of course, provided the adjuster agrees.

Dang house is like a toothache.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
just keep thinking how good it's gonna feel once it's pulled.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts