1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Turkey feathers on a stick.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the turkey feather do you just tie it to a string ?

does a stuffed animal really work?

i cant wait to try them

·
170 Posts
wifes poodle on leash until she reads this! (wishful thinking only)
tie a turkey or chicken feather on fishing line then try using an old auto radio antenna--- the kind that extends, it will help getting the feather up into the wind if there is any high grass/brush around and can be lowered to carry.
PS do not use a hawk feather or any other not legal feathers

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Just a slight breeze makes the feather twirl and move around. Cheap and it works.

·
10 Posts
I have used a pvc pipe with a spring and some fishing line then cover it with a dog toy that looks like a bird or small animal. You can make a way to stake it into the ground then pull on the fishing line. Works great I even saw a guy on tv use something like that but he used a rabbit that was skinned out.

·
75 Posts
I made mine out of a stuffed animal that the head and paws move seperately you squeeze its paw and it will move and make noise. Have to cut the wires to the speaker and rewire a little. Cut its face off and jb'b a stiff wire to the moving neck sewed it up then I put a rabbit furred mouse (cat toy on top of the wire. Works good ran on three double a batteries all day.

·
10 Posts
I will work on building one like I talked about here on one of my days off and post up pics and directions on how to do it. It works great and is fun to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts