Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed north to Skip’s tomorrow to take down a big maple tree at Skip’s that is dying and becoming a hazard it is over his garage and house and chicken coop and
Plant Sky Tree Military camouflage Camouflage
storage shed another guy that skip and myself both know is coming to help also this will be a huge job as this tree is between 4 and 5 foot across at the stump but we maybe leaving part of the trunk so skip can put a deer hunting shack on top of it I’ll take pictures and tell skip everyone said hi the tree is behind skip in this picture

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
You’re a good friend Pokey Be safe. You’ll have to save a few pieces to make calls. He’ll have some firewood this winter for sure. Make his stand about 2 ft tall that way if he falls off it the chickens won’t have him for dinner.

Reactions: hassell

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well day 1 in the books I did not get to Skip’s until 2:00 it’s a 6 hour drive we worked on the tree until 6:30 and them skip made us T-bone steak on his wood stove here’s today’s pictures
Cloud Plant Sky Branch Tree
Plant Cloud Sky Building Leaf
Plant Sky Cloud Building Natural landscape
Plant People in nature Natural landscape Grass Wood
Tree Trunk Terrestrial plant People in nature T-shirt
Plant Tree Trunk Wood Twig
Tire Plant Wheel Tree Chainsaw
Plant Tree Wood Natural landscape Trunk
Food Plant Outdoor grill rack & topper Cooking Gas
Tree Natural landscape Twig Trunk People in nature

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
boy you weren't kidding that is a big tree! worth at least a twelve pack! ;):ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
12,468 Posts
Awesome pic's., Skip never showed us that man lift before, thanks for sharing. Neighbor brought a machine in and took down all the trees between our properties, probably around 80, now the cleanup.

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
Is that a yard gnome with a camera ?
that’s gonna be a full day or two cleaning up. Stay safe !

• Haha
Reactions: kiyote and hassell

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the tree is down the trunk hit the ground at 10:30 this morning
The man lift is a rental got locally sure saved us a lot of climbing and made the job go smooth and safe we cleaned up some today I blocked up the main truck with my sthil 661 with a 36” bar but skip wants to clean up the rest of the tree and it will be good for his body and soul we went for a ride this afternoon scouting for coyotes and badgers at Skip’s farmer friends as he keeps calling skip claiming he is overrun with coyotes we found no tracks but did find 4 badger dens so now the hunt begins
Plant Sky Cloud Branch Tree
Plant Sky Tree Vegetation Trunk
Sky Tree Plant Trunk Forest
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Branch
Plant Sky Cloud Branch Tree
Plant Sky Tree Vegetation Trunk
Sky Tree Plant Trunk Forest
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Branch
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Branch
Sky Plant Cloud Tree Terrestrial plant
Tree Twig Sky Trunk Bird
Cloud Sky Plant Tree Twig
Plant Natural environment Tree Wood Trunk
Plant Building Tree Vegetation Trunk
Plant Wood Tree Branch People in nature
Wood Natural landscape Trunk Grass Bedrock
Chainsaw Wood Bedrock Trunk Natural material
Plant Wood Tree Saw Chainsaw
Plant Chainsaw Saw Plant community Tree
Plant Wood Helmet Tree Grass
Jeans Plant Tree People in nature Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
I bet you all slept well tonight. Nice work. That’s a big saw you have there Pokey. Thanks for helping Skip.
It’s good that Maggie was watching over you all.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well skip and I cut some more up today I blocked up the big stuff with the 661 sthil and Skip worked on the smaller stuff with his saw he ran 5 tanks of fuel through it I will be heading home tomorrow wish I could stay longer but I have to go back to work on Tuesday
Plant Wood Tree Biome Grass
Plant Green Tree Wood Outdoor furniture
Plant Tree Land lot Grass Landscape
Plant Plant community Tree Land lot Grass

Reactions: kiyote

·
Die Hard Member
3,671 Posts
Well the tree is down and my Pals are gone Home----What a week-end----Thank you Pokey and Cam for all the help you gave me-----I sure appreciate you Guys being here . What a pair of safe and Professional hard working tree cutters--''THANKS '' It could not have happened with out you guys-----------------The tree was 11' 9'' around at the base and 51'' across---- My Son plans to make a outdoor table top out of a 5'' thick piece of the stump Pokey cut out of it-----------THANKS AGAIN GUYS___ THANKS SO MUCH-----------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts