Predator Hunting Forum banner

Have you hunted predators with an outfitter? If so, who?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BountyontheBadlands 
#1 ·
I'm curious if any of you have used an outfitter for a predator hunt? If so, who did you use and what did you think about the experience?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I just got back from a predator hunt in TX with Berry Benedict. And it was not good. He hunted the week before on the same 36 thousand ac. ranch. The 3 days we were there we only shot 1 coyote and 1 fox. Plus Berry was lets just say is not a nice person when things are not going right. WE WOULD NOT GO BACK.

Last year we had a great hunt with varmint van expeditions in west TX Killed lots and even got a cat.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
No doubt there is good & bad outfitters...as was said...do your home work. I both guide & book for other outfitters, I get outfitters who request my service all of the time. If they dont offer me a chance to see what they have I dont even give them a second look. Also a good outfitter will give you info on succesful clients & unsuccesful. Just because you dont harvest game doesn't mean the outfitter was terrible. Did he or she live up to what was promised, did they put in 110%?? Hunting is exactly that......hunting....mother nature doesn't always cooperate! I guided a client for two days last week, we went on his schedule, though i asked him if he was willing to start well before dawn...We didn't get going till mid morning, we put in full days & covered lots of ground & many miles....though we didnt kill a yote. Little snow for this time of the year here in the Northeast so the dogs are really covering ground, we saw lots of tracks but no takers to the call....That's just the way it goes some times!!

I can tell you this, going with a guide will save you scouting time & getting permission to hunt in new ground. Hopefully they have put in thier time & done thier home work!! Mother nature controls the rest!!

#6 ·
I agree with VTGuide...at Bounty on the Badlands- we want our customers to leave Montana with memories and pictures that last forever. Our goal is to expose clients to our beautiful state and have success along the way. Being flexible and meeting the needs of those who have paid is critical. We will hunt from dawn to dusk when customers want to and there are the days when Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate...but we hunt in areas where most wouldn't go. We teach, we learn and we use brand new Polaris Rangers as our mode of transportation so we can cover ground. Usually 50-70 miles per day. My partner and I own our business on the side and certainly aren't doing it for the money. We do it because we love to hunt predators and we want to share the experience with others.

Sky Natural landscape Wood Water Grass

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.