Predator Hunting Forum banner
5401 - 5420 of 5447 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
A most perfect day yesterday - all the way up to 80 degrees! At wake-up today, it's already 65 degrees. Yippee!

Was on our dirt road early yesterday snatching up worms for my fishing trip next week and couldn't help but notice a dandy gobbler in the middle of the road all fanned out. Being opening day of turkey season, I did my best to scare the dumb bird into the cover. He didn't cooperate and made me get closer and closer waving my arms. Finally, disappeared only to get back in the road. I didn't want the bird to tempt some road hunter (although no cars out that early on our road), so I chased it away again.

Not hunting the birds yet and maybe not this season. Dang things are more fun to watch than eat anyway. Maybe late in May when hunting the wiser birds will be a challenge.

Sure got a lot of worms, though. At $5/dozen, I snatched up about $100 worth of bait for my new worm box in short order.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thanks, Rick. I goofed up the cost of worms. Should have been $5/30 worms. Fun looking for them anyway.

Settled on Rifle River area in Ogemaw County. Lots of small lakes - all of which do not permit boat motors of any kind. Perfect for my rowboat. Some good trout streams all around the area including the Rifle River itself. Been fun packing every trinket known to man.

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
I’ve canoed parts of the rifle several times as a Boy Scout. Always be a fun time I even got dunked once. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
Supposed to hit 92*f here today. Uggghh !

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
we have had some near 80 days but back in the 50 and low 60s for the next week or so with the chance of a wee bit o water falling from the sky here and there.

every one bitching and moaning ," it won't help the drought."

I say , " yeah well , it shorn hell ain't gonna hurt none!"

·
Registered
543 Posts
28 degrees at wake-up. Wish we could fast-forward some water westward but not much luck getting the weather to change direction. Maybe the Whitehouse can make it happen since they're able to change the time of day.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
in the last month we have gone from 68% of normal to 79%.
seems to me like these wee storms are making some impact on the drought. still gonna be a short water year but every drop helps.

Reactions: hassell

·
Die Hard Member
2,445 Posts
We have had no rain, just a little snow last month and that was .016 for the month of April. Now it is over cast and highs in the low 50 and lows in the low 40. Spring weather here and snow has melted in town. There several wild fires around the state but not threating any buildings yet.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
we have been getting hit with storm after storm lately. 68% of normal beginning of april and we now sit at 90%.

nope them storms ain't havin no impact on the drought.

it cracks me up. everyone been cryin all winter about how dry it is . now they"s all cryin bout how wet it is. must have farmer blood coursing through their veins. ;) :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
Their crying doesn’t help dry things up.

• Haha
Reactions: kiyote and hassell

·
Registered
543 Posts
83.5 degrees in mid-Michigan, but sure not past the frost danger. Disked my garden and one food plot today, but no annuals in the ground for a few weeks. Onions and garlic doing fine.

5401 - 5420 of 5447 Posts