Predator Hunting Forum banner
5081 - 5096 of 5096 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
naw, I am a lifer. I am happy here and never been anywhere else that has drawn me to want to stay there.
folks talk about where they would go and what they would do if they won the lottery .
I am already there and already doing it!

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
my dad used to say ,
"nomads end up with nothing."

·
Registered
74 Posts
We all end up with nothing.

I'm in my 8th decade in Michigan and it took me this long to get things the way I like them in my current location.

Too much stuff to move anyway. But, I enjoy other places and am always interested how others cope with their environments.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
We all end up with nothing.

I'm in my 8th decade in Michigan and it took me this long to get things the way I like them in my current location.

Too much stuff to move anyway. But, I enjoy other places and am always interested how others cope with their environments.
to cope we just keep repeating ," it's a dry heat!" lol

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
we are now getting high 60s for our lows . but e have gotten a couple below 100 days this week. even had one day with this weird ,wet, clear stuff falling from the sky.
almost enough to get the sidewalks wet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got back from our fishing trip and went to my project house to see the progress on a tree stump removal by a contractor. I only paid for the removal and no cleanup or repair. What a mess! Was ready to head over there before the heat sets in but rain is on the move to us. Guess I'll have a wet heap of dirt and chips to remove later, 'cause I'm not going now.

Heat and humidity return this weekend with temps around 90 degrees.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I don't blame you .some things will keep .
was 102 here yesterday . when I got off work I decided to mow my grass. while doing it I was thinking what a fool thing it was to be out mowing when it's 100 but I wanted to get it done because trash pickup is today

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
Haven't been mowing much, we are blessed with the dew every day as most places have none, people drive down our road wondering how everything is so green while where they are from everything is burnt and water restrictions in place.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
anyone ever use one of those string mowers?

I have been thinking of buying a DR power pro xl.
getting tired of weed eating my tree line. only tall grass, weeds and very light brush maybe as big as 1/4 inch diameter . probly smaller but just a wee to much for the hand gas trimmers. hand trimmer will do it but it goes through lots of string and is pretty hard on the shaft drives. terrain is flat but pretty uneven and somewhat rocky. to rocky for regular mower

·
Registered
74 Posts
No doubt, those DRs are good machines. Neighbor has one that I've used a few times but it has a blade - probably not what you want; however, he also has a DR chipper. All heavy duty. So, if you find a DR trimmer that fits your budget, you won't be disappointed in the quality.

I use an attachment for my Stihl line trimmer. The straight-shaft models are adaptable to many quality attachments. The Stihl name is Kombi Tool. My neighbor and I split the cost of a sickle bar attachment that cuts up to an inch of branches, cuts tall grass, and does it in 24-inch paths. Fully adjustable to angles of cut. It was $250 and I'm glad we have this thing. I can easily trim trails, bushes and branches while I walk the trails.

5081 - 5096 of 5096 Posts