Predator Hunting Forum banner
5041 - 5060 of 5096 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Water in the creek is up 20 inches from yesterday morning with 16 inches more 'till it gets to the bottom of my bridge. Doubt if it will happen and hope it doesn't, but the bridge can take some punishment. Just don't know how much but sure glad I raised it during construction last year, based on the floods at the time.

Flood warnings all around.

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
We could use a lot of that rain here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, I guess too much is a better problem. Water is now only 12 inches from the bottom of the bridge and the sun is shining. But, another blast later today. Won't be any farming around here for a while.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
to much water can suck but I sure wish we had that problem here now. predicting 100 plus degrees for at least the next ten days with nary a drop of rain in sight. a lot of the smaller reservoirs are already empty.
the flood irrigators are done for the year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't believe we received any more rain overnight but the hot and muggy stuff is here for a few days. Supposed to lighten up for the holiday weekend with high temps in the 70s. I can hear the chorus of particularly happy robins outdoors celebrating the abundance of readily available worms. Still dark but they have good reason for singing with plenty of food for their second broods.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Water has risen to within 8 inches of the bridge, but it should recede some now. Hit and miss rain for the next few days, Nothing yesterday or last night.

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
I envy your rain but not the humidity that comes after.
its 88 here at 6:30 and supposed to stop at 109. Cool down tomorrow to 102 for a high.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Raining again but there will be a pause until it starts up again this afternoon. 72 degrees at wake-up with 95 percent humidity. Storm blew in last evening with a lightning strike next to the house. Not sure what it hit yet, but I'll check when it's light outside. Took out our phone. Water under the bridge had receded somewhat yesterday but that little creek looks more like a river now.

Been watching the temps out West with the triple digits. Yuk! Stay cool, men.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
trying but getting blackouts.

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
Have fun Rick and Cam. We'll be having some too !!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
have a happy and safe 4th ,ya'll!

hopefully not to many idjuts setting fires with their crackers this year!!

Reactions: youngdon
5041 - 5060 of 5096 Posts