Predator Hunting Forum banner
5021 - 5040 of 5096 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
72 degrees at wake-up and headed for about 90 today. A good breeze, though. Went fishing yesterday and told a couple of friends. Heading to the same lake in an hour with them and a bigger boat. Good bass action and some whoppers were top-feeding and making big splashes and we're heading back to tangle with them.

Caught a good bass and netted it into the boat yesterday. Dang net material had the fish and treble hooks all tangled up. Cut the brand new net material apart to get the fish out. Different net today.
nice ! good way to start retired life!

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
I was tossing a Rapala minnow. Nice boat. Instead of anchoring, Doug pushes a button on a wireless remote telling the gps-controlled Minnkota to keep us in the same spot. It's a Lund with a 25 Merc.
Nice fish Glen. I miss my boat…. But only when I want to go fishing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks, YD. Too dang hot with 74 degrees at wake-up. Need rain but glad I have a well punched for my remote garden. Everything is alive and well. So far.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Heck of a hailstorm yesterday. About an inch of rain in a half hour and some high winds. Came out OK.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
Good to hear there was no damage. I’ve had to replace a roof twice because of hail like that. Thankfully insurance covered all but my deductible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
68 wet degrees at wake up. Rain, rain go away. Water level is higher than at any time this spring and rising. May lose some of the garden.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
forecast calling for 100 plus days for at least the next ten days . been an unusually dry year in an already dry region.
expect to see a lot of broken up antlers this fall.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
duck valley.jpg

was able to slip out a couple weeks ago to the duck valley indian reservation and had a great day . probably caught in the neighborhood of 100 fish . ranging in size from 16 to 20 inchers . red bodied with gold spoon panther martin was our magic lure that day.

only down fall to having such a great day was having to stay and battle the brutal heat . had we not been catching I would have shaded up for a s siesta! seriously ! it were so durn hot that when I broke wind I weren't sure ifn I sharted meeself or was just blowing sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤪

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
not exactly sure what happened there.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
tru dat !!!!!!!!!!!! seems like I've got new mystery bruises most every day.

I just tell folks the wife is beating me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably good bait in Piranha water. Just dangle a leaky leg overboard for a minute to see what's biting.

Heavy rain yesterday evening with some tornado warnings in the area, but no especially high winds. Just lots of rain and more coming today. I measured the distance between the creek and my bridge and I still had 34 inches of clearance yesterday. Gonna check again shortly. Watched a couple of gobblers gutting it out during a downpour. Tough way to survive. Over 20 little turkeys with their mothers showed up the other day and they got a good baptizing. Garden still looks OK. No flooding there, because the soil is very porous and drains readily. Melon plants seem to like the conditions, so far.

5021 - 5040 of 5096 Posts