Predator Hunting Forum banner
4981 - 5000 of 5096 Posts

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
53 degrees at wake-up and heading to record highs this week. No rain and water level is very low. Hand-watering the remote garden already and noticed yesterday the spuds are finally up. Planting melons by the end of the week.

Hopefully, making my last trip to Mendard's this morning for a few items for my renovation project. Carpet gets installed today, too. About 2 weeks to getting the house on the market. Here is a pic of the front of the place. Sure looks better than the sea green color it had.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Looks like a couple mill trees behind the house LOL.--- can ya fit a full length pickup in that garage?--- seems kind of short.

It snowed last night and this morn'in--- we got 14" of the white stuff--- power went off for 7 hours (so whats new)

Temp @ 1300 was 47* and its melt'in fast--- I thought our mud was done, but we'll be ball deep in it by the morrow.

:pawprint:

Reactions: glenway

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
Very nice Glen !

Better pull your tighty-whiteys up Dave.

Reactions: glenway and hassell

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
The site and development was a one-time red pine planting and most of the original trees have had to be removed. Those in the background are white pines with one large oak behind the house.

Not sure of the garage depth but the pic makes it look shorter.

One more exterior wall to paint but that west side has no windows, so it will be relatively easy except for the height on the gable end. My ladder has to be put into my pickup bed to get the extra height.

Putting the doors back on today after yesterday's carpet installation. Should be on track for the market by Memorial Day.

While waiting for the carpet installers to finish, I met one of the nearby neighbors in the street. She said I was a hero for getting the scum out of there and cleaning up the neighborhood. Another couple strolled by with positive comments about the appearance of the facelift.

Just want it gone and I'll be on my way.

To finish will mean a nice payday after so much hard work, but best of all, it will mean I'm really retired. Already cancelled my Glenway Management liability coverage. No turning back.

Weather is heading for around 90 degrees before the weekend. I'll trade some heat for that snow, Cat.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
better take the heat , snow makes paintin tough. :cold:

·
Die Hard Member
2,324 Posts
We have been about normal for temps. Highs in the upper 50s to mid 60s and down to 40 or so. We will plant gardens out side for above ground about mormeral day time.Trees are about fully leafted out now.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Best be sure to use some kind of fall arrest for paint'in that gable end Glenn--- we don't need to be tell'in folks what a nice guy you "were" cause you have a bit of ******* blood in ya. Better yet--- hire some young'in to top the high stuff out--- a few extra bucks wont hurt ya this close to the end of the line.

:pawprint:

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
I tried to get someone but he had already quit working, but he referred me to another painter who never called me back. A local guy wanted $10,000 to do it and I didn't like that idea much. Tried Angie's List but got nothing but more emails asking a bunch of dumb questions and gave up on the middle-man promotions.

I already finished the other gable end with the chimney in the middle and this side should be no more difficult. I didn't use the truck on the other side but I already did the maneuver with the pressure washer on both sides.

I don't like the high-wire act and will be careful. If I fall off, I'll be retired; if not, I'll be retired.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Getting some much needed moisture here , an inch of rain and 4 in of wet snow in the past couple days .Sure enjoy the drumming of rain on our new metal roof.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
this has been the dryest ,warmest winter I can ever remember for us.

got a little rain this weekend but it only added up to quarter inch or so.

mtns picked up a few inches on the peaks.

every lil bit helps I guess.

ditch farmers will be out of water by end of june again.

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
Much needed rain here also, some gravel areas here dry out and die 2 months from now, they are already dried out and dead(2 months ago).

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
31*F before daybreak--- into the high 60's by afternoon--- not much snow left in the timber. Hauled some bug bit ponderosa in and started make'in boards.

Attachments

Reactions: glenway

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Great looking slabs cat I wish you lived closer I’d be all over that blue stain wood

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
71 degrees at wake-up in Mid-Michigan.

Got a couple delays in the house renovation. The pigs that were in the house spilled enough oil on the garage floor to rival the mess from the Exxon Valdez. Gotta degrease, acid etch, rinse and wait for it all to dry. Already did it once, but not good enough for the epoxy finish to follow. Dang.

Similar mess in the basement and already prepped. Central air goes in today. Basement floor finish after that.

Finally, seal-coating the asphalt driveway at the very end and I'm outta there after a bit of house cleaning and yard work.

I will stay at it over the holiday weekend, as much as conditions allow.

If the real estate salesperson gets the photos finished and online, I'll share them.

Sure could go for a trout breakfast but my taste buds will have to remain on stand-by a bit longer.

4981 - 5000 of 5096 Posts