Predator Hunting Forum banner
4961 - 4980 of 5096 Posts

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
"I wonder what wasTom's reply?"

The truck cracked through when I said that, so Tom didn't have much of a chance to say anything. He did, however, run across the failing ice to get his keys from his truck after we got to shore.

About the dumbest thing I ever saw. He pulled it off, though. Me? Never!

44 degrees at wake up and expected to get to mid 60s today. Tomorrow it'll be in the low 40s with some slop from the sky.

·
Die Hard Member
2,324 Posts
The low for last night was to get down to 7 and my son and I were going to ride snowmachines but, we deciede to wait until sunday and warmer temps.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
3" of snow last night and 21* at 0540---

:pawprint:

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
Brrrrr

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
I don't think winter is ever gonna leave up here this year---19* at 0400 this morn'in and 4 new inches of snow.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
enjoy it . we never got a winter this year

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
42 degrees a at wake-up in Mid-Michigan. That same cold weather will be here next with snow in the forecast. Fired up the outside furnace after having it shut down for a few weeks. Looks like no pears this year. Again! All in blossom now and they'll be frozen off with lows in the 20s for a couple of days. Cherries may get it, too. Apple blossoms are either not opened up yet or undeveloped, so far. Garlic won't care, though, and is looking great.

Turkeys everywhere and the season is open. Hope to get out this week. Got quite a few around, but haven't seen anything over 2 years old. Toms that is.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Looks good Glen---

Were regress'in back into the ice age up in this country--- 7*F at 0500--- bet the Bluebirds are gonna head back south.

·
Super Moderator
12,157 Posts
Awesome looking garlic Glen, way ahead of mine, spuds, carrots, parsnip, beets and onions are in. Suppose to get some much needed rain this week.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Been away from the site for a couple months ...calving almost done,with great success and final coyotss sold at auction.
Ave $ 94USD on the 20 I sent , they were only ave dogs and I knew when I sold the rest private that it was a mistake...next time .
Hope all has been well with you folks here,my wife and I are back on the road to recovery since coming down with the Covid variant ...what a rough ride, something I dont wish on anyone..take care all and have a good summer.
0a11d34d5ad611c07b56801c80721a24.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
I'm glad you and Deb are recovered Cam. It's good to see you back here. I think we all are looking forward to this years snaring thread.
Take care of your family.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Thanx guys it was brutal ,hoping to get a vaccinayion in a month or so ,dont want that again ..
Got geese nesting on a couple bales about to hatch .
As for snaring, Deb says I need to slow down this winter .. told her ok ,I will only set 200 instead of 150 ..lol..got all my supplies to build em just need to get at it .

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
glad you recovered but am curious as to why folks think the vaccine will protect them when getting the disease and forming the antibodies naturally will not?????

there is simply to many things about this that makes zero sense to me .

why does one have to keep wearing the mask once they are vaccinated ???????????

I am not an anti vaccer . actually had my first stick a week ago .

but I can not refrain from calling BS , BS.

anyhow , enough rant. live long and prosper C2C!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
glad you recovered but am curious as to why folks think the vaccine will protect them when getting the disease and forming the antibodies naturally will not?????

there is simply to many things about this that makes zero sense to me .

why does one have to keep wearing the mask once they are vaccinated ???????????

I am not an anti vaccer . actually had my first stick a week ago .
but I can not refrain from calling BS , BS.

anyhow , enough rant. live long and prosper C2C!
Thanx kiyote , ya who knows n this crap....just know that i dont want it again..sure alot of govt cintrol up here , and not a whole pile of true facta to back it ..lockdowns , masks , no social gatherings , country is in a hell of a mess.
Too many small business going under because of controls, will only be the big guys left ..
One poor family in our community has lived a night mare the last month..elderly uncle passed away , stillborn grandchild a week before due date , 16 yr old daughter heart attack from blood clot and passes( no Covid) and now the 45 yr old mother has had a stroke from stress and airlifted to Calgary ..how much can one bunch take ? Ill be happy with my own problems ..
Lets hope the vaccines works tho I beleive I have more faith on a little Ivomec from.my vet cupboard .

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
45 degrees at wake up and the first day in about a week we haven't had freeze warnings. Looks like no apples or pears this year. Again! Highs in the 70s and it sure feels good but no rain. Had to resort to hand watering the garlic and onions. Glad to have a water well at the remote garden. Should be planting melons in about 2 weeks.

Turkeys love to take dirt baths in the garden and had a hen chase me around last weekend when I may have gotten too close to its brood. Dang thing went nuts running top speed all around me with its wings low and complaining. Came back later on the four wheeler and it raised the roof again.

Gonna drive about 100 miles to watch my 11 year-old great grandson play some baseball today.

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
That’ll be the best 100 miles you’ve driven all week. Good luck to him !!

Reactions: murphyranch

·
Michigan Lifer
6,480 Posts
Not much of a game. Never saw so many walks - over and over. Pitchers can't pitch and coaches don't seem to be able to teach. Took me back to my coaching days and I did well to keep quiet except for a few involuntary remarks nobody heard.

Went with my great grandson to a park after the game and I had him shagging flys (yep, not flies). Wore both of us out.

Don't miss dodging city slickers in traffic. Glad to get back to the country.

Kids are already talking about fishing again, but they have about a month of school remaining.

54 degrees at wake-up and a bit of much-needed rain this morning.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
not much point in coaching when everyone gets a trophy for participating I guess.

at least you got to spend some time with your ggrand.

I found myself at a demo derby mud bog yesterday afternoon with my brother and his son.

not really my thing but it was fun to watch for a while.

started with 19 cars and there was only six left when we got bored and left. hard to watch to long when you don't really care who wins.

but it was something to get out of the house for.

Reactions: glenway

·
Super Moderator
23,218 Posts
Saturday I taught Gus what a snap of my fingers and “sit” means. He picked it up pretty quick. Sunday was about reinforcing Saturday’s lesson.

4961 - 4980 of 5096 Posts