Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Moon Phases Have Much Affect On Hunting Yotes During The Day? ----- Has anyone called predators into fields and get them close enough to see and kill without the use of a light?

·
10 Posts
I love hunting on a clear night and a full moon. You can see them a lot better, but you do need a spotlight just when you are ready to shoot. Also this all depends on how you are set up.

·
Die Hard Member
2,324 Posts
Even in low light there is nothing better than a 30 mm tube with a big objective lens to help with the low light, we can not use artifical light or night vision so having snow on the ground helps.

·
8 Posts
I took one last night about 1 hour after sunset using a new ziess 3.5-10x44 conquest. we also are not allowed to use artificial ligth and even hunting withotu it after dark is questionable we spoke with a local game warden and he said basically if he caught you and you said you were coyote hunting you better [Excuse my language.... I have a limited vocabulary] well have a dead coyote haha. however i was very impressed with the performance of the ziess it was only abotu a 50yd shot with a 257 wby as i have not yet bought a dedicated varmint rig. I am very new to the game though I have killed a few coyotes while deer hunting but that was my first coyote while actually calling them. So wi would appreciate any info tips or techniqes that anyone would like to give me thanks

·
79 Posts
I killed two last night with no artificial light. Both were killed at less than 20 yds with a shotgun. I like the full moon for night hunting. If you are going to hunt during the day around a full moon try midday instead of early morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts