Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in [Excuse my language.... I have a limited vocabulary]'s Sporting Goods the other day and saw the Foxpro Spitfire. I have read a few reviews on this, but not sure if spending $200 is wise. I use hand calls now, but does anyone think the $ money is worth it?

·
49 Posts
I guess it depends, I am not confident with my howls. I do use mouth calls for my rabbit squalls though. So I guess it all depends on your level of confidence for the call you choose. The spitfire does give you alot of volume for windy days and gives the option for a speaker to get that call away from you.

·
49 Posts
The company website says 100+ yards, I would think that would be best possible scenerio, I would say it would be less, maybe others with more experience with this model can help.

·
99 Posts
I recently purchased a jonny stewart predator call. I only paid $35 and am very happy w/it. It has a remote that works up to 50 yards. It only has 5 different sounds but the animals respond and you can always try to mimick the sounds w/a mouth caller. I prefer the electronic because it take salot less movement that a hand caller. I'd love to have a Foxpro but that is kind of pricey. Maybe if I start making money from it I can save up for an upgrade.

·
24 Posts
All in all I would have to agree with Jeremy. I think that it depends on the confidence you have in your calls. I don't have much confidence in my howls either. Therefore, I was looking to buy either a spitfire or a power dog. Like coyotekidd said, I was wanting it not only for calling in the yotes, but also as a call tutor basically. That way I can try to imitate the sounds and not always rely on the electronics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Spitfire works great. I love the SD memory and the ability to tailor my sounds to my area and what works here. The remote works well at the 50 yds or less that I place it. I haven't tried any farther than that. For the money it's a great buy in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am happy with my Spitfire. The remote works great, I have setup as far away as 70 yards and had good control. I have two compalints, but instead of spending $600 for a Fury, I will put up with them. #1, the steps in the volume seem to be large, 1 and 2 are very quiet, 3 & 4 step up a little and 5 is a very loud big jump. #2 I have found it is best to adjust the volume level at a silent or quiet part of the sound as the change from 4 to 5 is extreme enough that it is noticeable in the sound either up or down. I ordered mine through All Predator Calls, I was able to pick my sounds on their website. Their website does not let you pick the order of the sounds, I called after I submitted my sounds and they put them in the order I wanted.

·
24 Posts
I bought a spitfire, I see the difference in the volume...wow. I have been trying to figure out how to add the other calls that I had purchased from the foxpro site without success. I downloaded the sounds and haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the programmer so I added them to the memory card with the card reader. Then I plug the remote into the call to transfer the sound list and every time I end up without a change. Any words of wisdom for this issue?

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Girdham said:
I bought a spitfire, I see the difference in the volume...wow. I have been trying to figure out how to add the other calls that I had purchased from the foxpro site without success. I downloaded the sounds and haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong with the programmer so I added them to the memory card with the card reader. Then I plug the remote into the call to transfer the sound list and every time I end up without a change. Any words of wisdom for this issue?
I never use their utility, I just plug the caller into my computer with a USB cord and a new drive appears. Then I just drag and drop the sounds into it using the standard Foxpro naming rules. This might help:

4.3 DOWNLOADING NEW PLAYLIST TO TX-24
Program your sounds into the SPITFIRE as outlined in the instruction manual.
Make certain that you do not use the same number for more than one sound!
Note that the transmitter can only display 21 characters per line. The first 3
characters must be the sound number, from "000" through "023". Place a space
between the sound number and the sound name. 17 characters remain for the
sound name. Although the sound name can have more characters, the TX-24
will only display the first 17 characters. Any additional ones will not be
displayed.

NOTE: You must have 24 sounds labeled 000 - 023 programmed into the
Spitfire before you can download a playlist. You will also need to obtain a
3.5mm male-to-male stereo patch cable for this process.

1) Disconnect all accessories from the SPITFIRE (i.e. speakers or decoy)
2) Turn the power off on both the SPITFIRE and the TX-24.
3) Connect patch cable from the sound upload jack on the TX-24 to the
AUX jack on the SPITFIRE.
4) Turn on the TX-24
5) After being powered on, the TX-24 display will say "Turn On Caller"
6) Power on the SPITFIRE
7) The display on the TX-24 will display "Transfer". When it's done, the
display will say "Unplug Cable Press Send".
8) Unplug the cable from both the transmitter and SPITFIRE
9) Press and hold the send button for several seconds. The playlist has
been transferred.

NOTE: This process may take a few seconds. DO
NOT turn off the TX-24 or SPITFIRE during this
process.

·
24 Posts
Thank you, this was very helpful: NOTE: You must have 24 sounds labeled 000 - 023 programmed into the
Spitfire before you can download a playlist. You will also need to obtain a
3.5mm male-to-male stereo patch cable for this process. It finally clicked that I can only have 24 sounds on the remote. It doesn't matter how many you put on there, it will only play the first 24. thank you again.

·
Hillary for Prison
2,677 Posts
Ok just ordered tonight the foxpro wildfire with 35 sounds. It was hard to decide what sounds, but I went through our topics and also listened to them online and picked them. I got three hog sounds for some hog hunting here as well. I hope it gets here by this weekend Im wanting to try it out and see if it really makes a difference or not. I also got the black jack with it as well, so the two should improve the odds of success--certainly cant hurt.

·
Super Moderator
23,275 Posts
Good luck A22 !

·
Hillary for Prison
2,677 Posts
Good luck A22 !
Thanks Don, any suggestions on a starting sound and follow up sounds? BTW it has fox bang which I would love to be able to capitalize on if you catch my drift!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts