401 - 420 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
right on! you got some good eaten there

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Dang Rick--- looks like you and Cindy had a great trip--- glad you guys got a chance to twist off and have some fun for yourselves.

:pawprint:

·
Super Moderator
12,203 Posts
Wow! I'm jealous all over again!

You'll be eating like kings and queens. Might have to push some stuff around in that freezer to make room or eat things fast.

Great work and great photos.
Made some room for it when we got home, the travel trailer freezer is the only one left not being used.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
Great pics ! I’m glad you two had a good time. You’re gonna need to put a freezer or two out in the shed, or get a bigger house.

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
You better get to eating then !

·
Super Moderator
23,252 Posts
I used to crush up bbq potato chips and coat my tuna steaks with the dust before grilling. That’s good eating.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Had a great time in Michigan's north country this past week with the great grandson. Caught some small fish and only one large enough to keep, but we let it go anyway. Landon doesn't like fish or anything else that's healthy.

A few firsts for Landon: rowing my boat, seeing/hearing loons - and one getting airborne with a fish. And, he learned a new word: angling.

He didn't get to hear the whippoorwills calling each morning before daylight. Love that call.

Taking him home today.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I was surprised when Landon said he'd give rowing a try. Here's his attempt: Landon Attempts to Row a Boat - YouTube
lol . it's a learning curve but he was starting to get it.

first time I ever rowed was in a drift boat my older brother owned . I was twelve or so , he was probably 19ish. we were floating the river , him rowing ,me fishing. he asked me if I could row , so I said sure . after about ten minutes he was screaming at me ." I thought you could ,
(expletive) row !!! you can't (expletive ) row!!!!!!!!!!!( expletive, expletive , expletive ) and a few more for good measure. lol.

I just handed him back the oars and said, " I think I want to fish . this isn't fun for me."

he thought that was hilarious and was slightly ashamed for his outburst.

when we got in a little calmer, slower water , he taught me how.

Reactions: Glenwhey

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, brothers. I remember those early days taunting my older brother who could have killed me if he ever caught me. Made me quick on my feet.

The kid didn't get much of a lesson from me, but he could have been paying attention for two days. I wouldn't have done any better at one time. Next time will be different; I'll be in the boat with him. But, the kid never whimpered, although the wind was winning at one time. That's what I like about him; never complains about anything.

401 - 420 of 444 Posts