Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm huntig coyotes in wisconsin. I'm new at this. Is there a way to find coyotes at night to find where they are bedding so in the morning you can call them in using a electronic call. If so how?

Brian

[email protected]

Thanks

·
325 Posts
Hmm.... Not quite sure what you mean exactly.. But night time is 1 of my all time favorite times to hunt and during this time of year (Late fall / winter from Nov-March) I use the Coyote locator, female invitation and pup distress. The male challenge is also a good idea during this time of year because they are becoming more territorial / protective from other rivals that might be in the area. Good Luck out there brian !

·
24 Posts
I agree; I normally use the female invitation and the challenge calls. I haven't yet tried the pup distress. I hunt at night also but haven't had any success with it as of yet. I haven't tried locating them at night to try and hunt them in the morning either. I think that with the yotes having so much territory, its tough to say if you do locate them if they will still be there in the morning. Good luck.

·
325 Posts
" I haven't tried locating them at night to try and hunt them in the morning either. I think that with the yotes having so much territory, its tough to say if you do locate them if they will still be there in the morning. "

+ 1 , My thoughts exactly.

·
99 Posts
There's a website called Huntsmart.com and they have adevice that is a type of mini-siren. When you ull up to a spot , turn it on and the coyotes are supposed to howl back at it. Sounds okay and might cut out the need to scout. Check it out and let me know what you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts