Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was Deja Vu all over again today. Flung the garage door open and a dog jumped on me. Someone's beagle had run off, was all wet, but happy to see me. Took a picture with my wife's phone, so she could put it on the missing dog page of Facebook. Made a sign: "Found Beagle" put it by the road. Lots of queries from the interweb but nothing of consequence. Then, the doorbell rang. Seems "Ruby" was being called all day by her neighbor on another road about a mile or so away. Bingo! Youngster was glad to see her little dog and Ruby was excited, too.

Now, what was I going to do when I opened that door...

·
Registered
307 Posts
My brother has a young jack Russell rat terrier mix female and it’s mother. They have been going walk about anytime they leave the house. Previous trips have been 2, 4 and 5 days and the farthest they hav gone was about 15 miles. Then the took off on July the 1st and somehow the mom/daughter duo made it over 165 miles to Chanute Kansas where thy walked up to a veterinarian clinic and just hung out on the patio.
I know 2 dogs who will be getting micro chipped next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My brother has a young jack Russell rat terrier mix female and it’s mother. They have been going walk about anytime they leave the house. Previous trips have been 2, 4 and 5 days and the farthest they hav gone was about 15 miles. Then the took off on July the 1st and somehow the mom/daughter duo made it over 165 miles to Chanute Kansas where thy walked up to a veterinarian clinic and just hung out on the patio.
I know 2 dogs who will be getting micro chipped next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Apparently, this beagle has been known to go on vacation for days, as well, according to the neighbor who came to my door after seeing the sign. She told me if I had simply let it go, it would return to its home. I sure thought about that but it made on sense to me, and frankly, still doesn't. I asked the young lady who showed up for the dog, if it was chipped and she said it was. Some kind of ID on the collar would be helpful and I mentioned that to her. She said it had a tag, but it broke off. Duh! Could be a repeat performance anytime and next time they may not be so lucky getting it back. Lots of folks would be tempted to keep such a friendly pooch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts