Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you are getting snow as I am in ky, I was wondering if the snow front has an effect on the am hunt. The front is still rolling through. I might wait until the front moves out with fresh snow on the ground. Yal think the activity will be as good during the heart of the storm.

·
The King of Sausage!!
2,337 Posts
Anytime you can hunt is a good time. I have found that the second and third days have always produced better for me. The longer the fowl weather the better the predator hunting gets. The rodents and food supply becomes harder to locate making predators more prone to calling because of hunger.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well went this am and no luck. I saw several tracks from last night. I even found blood from one of the dogs. Really cant explain that one. Maybe from a fresh kill. Anyway, I sat up and called in 30 mph winds. Nothing responded. I will try again on a new farm tomorrow.

·
14 Posts
i like hunting anything in a fresh snow as long as you can get around okay. visibility really good. easy to see movement for me as well for the yotes too though. got to be real still. lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I hunt snow I take a couple white sheets with me then I throw one over myself and one over my gun then all you have to do is pull one off my gun and slowly sit up and wam bam dead coyote man.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't wait to get some snow up here, no bugs, no sweatin, no other people in the woods, and I get to justify all that snow camo I bought earlier in the year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts