Predator Hunting Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first coyote with a crossbow. While I was deer hunting this morning this gal made the mistake of cruising by my stand. Wasn't planned, but at least there is one less coyote on the farm!

2013-11-15110455.jpg

2013-11-15110348.jpg

Reactions: Scotty D.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Nice!!!! One less fawn-killer to worry about.... :teeth:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
nicely done

ya know i got a buddy that would be glad you took the yote that way

who says xbows are cheating

all is fair in love and war,and of course hunting

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'll have to show this picture to my 15 year old cousin. He tried to take a 40 yard shot on a coyote this weekend with a crossbow and missed. We're still not sure why he didn't shoot the one at 15 yards, but who knows, maybe he was holding out for a deer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I've heard so many of them around the farm lately I was happy to take one out. As soon as deer season ends, coyote season begins for me. There should be plenty to hunt. After shooting one with a crossbow, I think I will try using it again. That was fun!

As far as crossbows being considered cheating, clearly I don't agree. At one time I felt that way, but that was before hunting with one. It's quickly become one of my favorite weapons. If they're cheating, so are rifles, scopes, binoculars, compound bows, and anything else modern or advanced. I don't know about you guys, but I embrace technology and advancement in equipment. Especially if it means a better hunt and clean kill. Besides, in my humble opinion what matters is that you're a good sportsman, not the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
the last sentence of your last post says it all ;)

·
Old Guys Rule
7,736 Posts
well done, congrats on taking a coyote with your crossbow!

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Good job on put'in the fur down jfarleyx.

:pawprint:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
You are a hell of a sport carrying a crossbow during rifle season!!!!

·
Still Kicking and Retired
2,524 Posts
Good job on the yote with the crossbow. I got to check the regs here to see if I can use one of them for hunting yotes, rifle for long range, crossbow for close ones. I think that would be a hoot to shoot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts