Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to get coyotes in box traps. I live in Ma. so we can not trap with anything but havahart traps, I have no trouble getting raccoons and fox but coyotes no way. Any Ideas will help a lot thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,707 Posts
Good luck--Coyotes don't go into cages. I saw a pic. of a young pup that looked like it was starving in a cage once. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only way I have ever heard it being done semi successfully is with a hog trap, its large enough they dont feel constricted when walking in.

·
23 Posts
Like everyone else has said probably not going to happen, I have had luck setting a leghold on the outside of the trap and using a duck or goose carcass for bait inside the trap. The coyotes will circle the outside but not go in to get it, so with a leg hold close by you might get lucky.

·
135 Posts
Boy it is next to inpossable to get them into a cage trap. It would be easier to move to another state! Sorry

·
85 Posts
Shoot em first then put into box trap....Enough fun. My friend had a big self made cage trap with live chickens in it( because they were eating them, still no luck)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts