Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come On I know there are Predator Hunters here in Mississippi!! I Know it is some tough hunting here But I also know it is Worth the time and effort it takes to take a Coyote or Bobcat. Talk to me Guys and Lets get PH to the forefront Here in Mississippi!!
I Live in SW Miss Lets get in touch!!

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Deal Mesa, I am working out Wednesday and Plan to be in the woods Thursday!! My Friend and I are new at this but we are Really Getting in to it. I have killed a Bobcat and Seen 4 total and will be trying for another one Thursday and Maybe a Grey Fox too!! I will keep ya posted!! Have a Great Day!!

·
11 Posts
Pascagoula Ms, killin hogs and dogs... huntin dem Jelly Heads right now!

·
196 Posts
Located in the NE part of the state -- Corinth, or better yet, Kossuth just west of Corinth. We are new at dawgs, but seem to find a dumb one every now and then. Right now though, we are chasing the ********. My son has already taken two- one had a 11" beard and the other 9 1/4"--dont remember the spur lengths.
Will be back on the dawgs after turk season. Good luck Mississippians---

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took My son out last Friday for Turkey We Heard Two Gobble right after Daylight but never saw them, Already Bad Call Shy!!

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went Out today, Midday, 1-3pm Started calling with pups in distress prolly 30 Min. second time I called I heard a Strange sound after I got down out of the treestand I was in, I got to looking a deer had walked to with in 20 yards of the stand in the only blind spot I had. I had never heard one make that sound, didnt really blow it was kinda of like a nasally wheeze. Never did see a yote or fox. But I still enjoyed the time in the woods alone.

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FXHTR, I had just as soon shoot a hog as a Coyote we are startng to see some here where we have never had them. If you ever are up around McComb or Brookhaven I would like toget together with ya and make a hunt the Homochitto National Forest is just a few miles from here its 89000 acres just begging to be hunted. I get out there as often as I Can.

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mesa, You arent far from me maybe 80 miles or so, we should get together.

·
8 Posts
I'm new to the site, located in Carrol Co. Recently relocated from AL due to work. Ive seen tons of coyotes here, starting to get the hang of calling so Ive been hunting them more. Always up for a group hunt.

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sno_rules said:
I'm new to the site, located in Carrol Co. Recently relocated from AL due to work. Ive seen tons of coyotes here, starting to get the hang of calling so Ive been hunting them more. Always up for a group hunt.
We will have to try and do that man!!

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Welcome to the forum sno_rules.

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thx roughneck I didnt know that coyotes did that.

·
8 Posts
Been without internet access for a few weeks, hope everyone is well. Got my first bobcat t
a few weeks ago! set up in a field next to a fence line and started blowing a cottontail distress call. Just as I was about to leave and move spots, i noticed this cat sitting on its haunches looking at me. Looked to be about 80 yards, so i shoot.......nothing, shoot again......nothing. figured out that this cat is huge! looked like 80, but was actually about 120 yards away. 3rd shot was a charm and I dropped it. I ran up there and, dang..this is the biggest cat ive ever seen. My dad was a taxidermist all of his life, and of all the bobcats that came through his shop over the years, the one i had just taken was bigger than any of them. I estimate it weighed over 30#. Beautiful animal, had its winter coat already. I actually convinced my wife to let me get a life size mount. As soon as i can, ill get some pictures up. Cant wait to get it back from the taxidermist (3 months or so to go). And to put the icing on the cake, the owner of the ranch i live and hunt on is very happy I'm having success predator hunting. He has worked long and hard on land management to build a healthy herd of deer and turkey. Y'all have a great season!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Soooooooo. Still waiting for pics from you, sno. Need to see this monster cat!

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did ya get pics man:::
))))

·
327 Posts
Hey guys. I am on the Montgomery/Carroll county line. Probably within 15 minutes or so of sno_rules. I am new to the site and to predator hunting. Tried some trapping and calling last winter with limited/no success...lol. But I enjoy it nonetheless.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Welcome to PT. Keep after it, try to learn a few pointers here and success will come.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts