Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Die Hard Member
2,333 Posts
I have found that ASAT works pretty well here, in the winter it goes from white with colors to white with black. I have gotten some poncho overwhite that work pretty well. Earlier in the winter River Ghost, in a over cover. Most of the time I ware cover type so I can put warm cloths on under, including rain gear. Columbia wool blend is pretty good up here. Natural Gear is also a good. Our biggest concern is what is it made of and will it keep me dry, This is a personal thing for me. That is my two cents worth.

·
28 Posts
i use cabelas Ghil-Leaf so far no complants i also were some camo pants and shirt underneath because of the mesh. The go on easy and come off easy, the pants have a zipper in the leg so no need to take off boots to put them on.

Neck Sleeve Collar Fashion design Blazer

Attachments

·
17 Posts
Ghillie suit woodland camo. Mossy oak brush work best in my country. I do have some leafy wear that has been great just getting a little old and faded but boy how i loved that camo.
Mike

·
196 Posts
i like to break it up some and it depends on the weather and temperature---hat (mossy oak treestand) face mask (cabela's 3D Seclusion or camoo makeup) gloves (brown jersey gloves) jacket (mossy oak breakup) bibs (realtree brown) shirt (cabela's 3D Seclusion) pants (cabela's outfitter/natural gear/mossy oak treestand) and in the hot, humid days in Mississippi, earth tone t-shirt and shorts covered with leafy wear mesh style outfit.

·
46 Posts
I usually wear two separate pieces, to break up my profile better. I like to rock the DCU trousers (The camo you saw our soldiers wearing back in Desert Storm) and usually a dark ghillie top. I hunt in dry, grassy areas with sagebrush so I fairly disappear with that. If I'm in woody areas, I really like the simplicity of BDUs and a regular mask to hide my face.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Any camo is fine. The critical issue is to cover hands and face and not move. A decoy to get the predators attention diverted from you is a great help. I have flown over duck hunters in a plane in the Texas marsh and the see them when they move their hands or look up and show their shining faces. A coyote or cat will notice the same. JMHO

·
24 Posts
I agree with wilded as long as you are covered and don't move too much you'll be ok. I have used alot of different kinds of Camo over the years. There are always new patterns and for some reason I think I need to try the new stuff. I do like Real Tree AP where i'm at though it works real well most of the time and I have cabelas snow camo coverups for the snowy days. But gloves and face masks are a must.

·
40 Posts
wilded said:
Any camo is fine. The critical issue is to cover hands and face and not move. A decoy to get the predators attention diverted from you is a great help. I have flown over duck hunters in a plane in the Texas marsh and the see them when they move their hands or look up and show their shining faces. A coyote or cat will notice the same. JMHO
+1 Covering skin and limiting movement.

·
135 Posts
I use a ghillie coat with camo pants. The ghillie pants seemed to collect sticks ans leaves.

·
27 Posts
Just match your surroundings and keep all parts covered. Like was said in earlier postings keep movement to a minimum and all will work out just fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
rainshadow1 said:
+1 Covering skin and limiting movement.
+2 on this, move the eyes not the head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts