Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what sounds or calls seem to bring the cats in for you hunters?? have killed a few cats but never by calling. any help would be appreciated.

·
325 Posts
Ive only called 1 cat in so far which was with the baby cottontail distress / bobcat in heat from the FX3. Id say any sounds you use to call in yotes or fox will work just fine for the cats. Bird dist. like a woodpecker or starling work great as well because they are more constant and higher pitched which they Love to come into. With handcalls, my # 1 go to is the Primos Catnip- Flatout amazing call ! Check it out if you havent already.

·
93 Posts
For me it's been the predominant bird prey in the area, if I go to an area with a lot of meadow larks I'll use that and a different bird call at the enxt stand to alternate them, Sometimes I'll use the old stand by cotton tail but not very often.

I would think most birds would work very well woodpeckers seem to work very well here as does the meadow lark, I've got one secret bird sound thats a killer, post again if in 15 years I may let it out LOL

·
58 Posts
Man all you guys must be in better shape than myself, lol. Tweety makes a killer sound but does require quite a bit of air ran through it to make the best sounds. If you can handle this than go for it, but if you are like me and dont want to have exzert a lot of air to make a call sound good, try a custom call. My go to call this year has been a "rabbid rabbit" made by carver predator calls. Each one of his calls are individually unique and more importantly for myself require very little effort to make sound great. Check his calls out, you wont be dissapointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts