Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the deal. We are doing great with coyote hunting removing them and having good success but i see room for improvement. What we have is a lot of stands we can get the dogs fired up and talking im talking about hair standing pack communication but when we follow those with calls they go quiet more than not we can pull a few out but heres the question ive read a lot of books and publications but there's no science or technique teachers out there. So when we get them all fired up and talking what do we hit them with? What type of call sequence? we fly by the seat of our pants most of the time afraid to kill the hunt can anyone steer me in the right direction here and vise versa if there's no dogs talking what do you try then?

·
Super Moderator
22,824 Posts
I never do sequences. I do a distress call for 30 seconds then go quiet. Sit for a few. Then I’ll either use it more or go on to another sound.

Reactions: hassell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s what I want more information on what vocals to use to talk to them and their meaning I mean we use distress calls and a lil distress in the end of the stand but I want more understanding of sounds and their meanings so when no hear these packs less Han a couple hundred yards away on this property what do I respond with we get hem started with a pack bowl locator and they’ll light up around us but where do I go from here? Wait and then move to another sound or or restablish location and begin calling again most of these dogs are within calling range for sure!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts