Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in pa and call by the mountains, the bobcats are around i have seen them before but when i setup in the feild with a mojo decoy and start calling nothing but yotes and foxes come, not a problem i enjoy shooting them also but i really crave a bobcat for it will be my first ever

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
23,337 Posts
Try using high pitched sounds, like a bird distress. Cats can be slow to come to the call too, so you might give them some extra time and keep a sharp eye out.

·
Old Guys Rule
7,736 Posts
keep the call going continuously to keep the cats attention and at a lower volume. I totaly agree with the high pitched sounds....and the extra sharp eye.

·
325 Posts
" Try using high pitched sounds, like a bird distress. Cats can be slow to come to the call too, so you might give them some extra time and keep a sharp eye out. "

" keep the call going continuously to keep the cats attention and at a lower volume. I totaly agree with the high pitched sounds....and the extra sharp eye. " + 1. Well said on both sides, keep at it !

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do thanks for the help fellas! How about cottontail distress?? And will a blue jay distress work?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill give it a try sometime!! and while we are on a discussion what is the reason for hunting coyote in summer?? I only have hunted in winter before due to the pelts of the animals but the pelts are poop in summer so why??

·
744 Posts
Will do thanks for the help fellas! How about cottontail distress?? And will a blue jay distress work?
------------------------------------------------
Bobcats like real busy sounds. woodpecker distress works well. If your caller allows you to program new sounds, try this one. (see attachment link)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
The main reason to hunt coyotes in the summer is to control their population. Here in Az I hunt them in the forest and in the open areas also during winter months, but come summer I stick strictly to the open areas where the antelope are. I figure every dead coyote in these areas saves an antelope fawn. I have seen coyotes just following does around waiting to drop their fawn. That is also why you always see a rifle in my truck.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The main reason to hunt coyotes in the summer is to control their population. Here in Az I hunt them in the forest and in the open areas also during winter months, but come summer I stick strictly to the open areas where the antelope are. I figure every dead coyote in these areas saves an antelope fawn. I have seen coyotes just following does around waiting to drop their fawn. That is also why you always see a rifle in my truck.
Yep ... +1 to PW's post.... Predator control for game management....I used to see 12-20 does grazing behind the house w/ just as many fawns....Over the last few years, the resident yote pack has grown & the fawns have all but disappeared... Only saw 1 fawn last summer....

·
Registered
16 Posts
mostly solitary animal right people have told me there bobcats everywhere in my area i had heard them twice in my life already ok .guy said there's a lot of them never seen prints of these bad boys yet in the why iim in all places
of many locations - we have trees which i never seen one yet up a tree . my area i go there's only coyotes
deer and black bears . we did have beavers but they took them out of the area which was not me . but to say bobcats is a no go many not in one area if any there's only i would say 2 cats in area but thank you so much sir
your welcome sir ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts