Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss told me about 6/7 months ago that him and his wife went to go check on their chickens one evening and they saw a bobcat. they had been having some come up missing / dead so I was Down to at least give it a try and help them (Me) out....

Shot once with my 20ga 870 and a Federal premium #2 mag. I used a Sceery AP-6 , longrange tweety, and the FX3.

The whole thing really took me by storm. FX3 for 1min with the yote locator and rested for 1 minute. Hit the bobcat in heat, then the Longrange tweety. Rested a minute and I noticed the cat around 75 yards away after the baby cottontail played for maybe 20 seconds. She ever so slowlyy came within 45yds and just stared at me all crosseyed until I put her lights out.

YouTube - Bobcat kill in TX

I hope that site works...... Just a short clip I took of that cat after I smacked her. Sure do wish I got it all on video like one of my yotes But....... I was getting hot/impatient/tired from all the summer heat so I never turned it on which already has proven to be a badd mistake for me.

Attachments

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
" Loving that cat man. The pictures don't do it any justice. You HAVE to look at the video! "
Haha, so very True... imo anyways

Thankyou so Much for the Props on that cat, Most Appreciated 2 say the Very LEAST ! I would be thrilled to death if I could put you On one of those beautiful bitches in March / w/e!! Or even a dog for that matter.... or 2 or 3, 4 + + =)

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Just revisiting your cat pics tonight man. Have looked at hundreds of cat pictures to get a better idea of how to have mine mounted and this is the most unique cat I have seen. Looks like an Ocelot but with a bobbed tail. What an awesome animal!

·
Super Moderator
23,250 Posts
That cat is totally marked like an ocelot. Congrats on the kill, it will make a nice mount.

·
170 Posts
very nice cat ---congrats. hope it helps out both your boss and you. you know, this could lead to him telling his neighbors and friends about you and you might have to keep doing this for them too. just think about all that extra hunting you will have to do. PS nice deck also.

·
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats up guys, sorry Ive been MIA for soo long. This is quite the old post I know.. But I just wouldnt feel right not responding back to you gentlemen and your nice comments.

Chris- Haha, heck yeah man! An awesome animal indeed. I cant count how many times Ive already heard .... " Thats so unique " " One of a kind " Sadly enough I screwed up the whole deal and never got that cat mounted =\ Wish you were still in Texas bro !! I enjoyed our numerous stands together even though we never put any fur down.

youngdon- Thanks, Never got it mounted but Im getting a mount done of my last cat I shot in July. Pretty excited about it.

TexAg- No kidding, it has helped a lot with my boss and I. From his neighbor across the street to a good friend one mile down the road. lol I can certainly get used to this!

wilded and tjc1230- Thankyou , I appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts