Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes ,I know the big game season is opened in many parts of the country ,here as well ...but my hunting is centered around mostly birds this year .My local archery club has an annual big game competition but an awards system as well for the taking of everything from birds to fish ,furbearers, rodents as well as big game . There are individual awards in all categories for small game, fish and big game and a major award ,( personalized silver belt buckle ) for attaining these levels ..Got.my buckle in 2010.. I guided hunters for an outfitter aftrr that for 6 years and did very little hunting of my own. I'm back in it now and making a run at the Top level award,the Pinnacle ..quite the crazy requirements ,including 5 pope and young critters, 6 different species of big game and " ALL" of the lower awards ..I'm now 7 different bird species away from reaching this award, 2 different ducks ,3 different grouse and 2 different geese...No one has ever done it in the 40 year history of the club so I'm excited to be this close ...2 ducks Saturday to get this close ..I think the last 2 geese are going to be the killer..need 2 of the 3 ,a Ross a snow or a speckle belly ..already have my Canada .

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,824 Posts
I don’t think anyone here doubts that you’ll achieve “the pinnacle “. Good luck to you sir.
The only thing that makes me think in your post is that your club has only been around for 40 years. I would have thought that up there in hunting paradise there would be a club several generations deep in every community.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everyone its been fun and frustrating at the same time . Archery hasn't been big here Don,first season in my zone was 1984..I started the next year .

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 more birds down,a ruffy and a blue .I had never seen a blue before lots bigger than a ruffy or Spruce,roughly the size of a pheasant ...5 more birds to go .

·
Super Moderator
22,824 Posts
Congrats Cam ! Those blues are big. We have them in a very limited area here in AZ. I hunted them several years ago with a friend, they were hard to find but eventually we did. Wrapped them in foil and cooked them on the campfire. The foil kept all the juices in.

Reactions: C2C and hassell

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx Don ,I think they are hard to find anywhere..I had never seen them before and a friend divulged his secret spot cause I told him I only need one for this goal of mine ,mughty nice of him. So I'm unlikely to get any more unless I head out and find my own honey hole.

·
Super Moderator
22,824 Posts
Nice job checking another one off the list Cam.
I wish you’d have asked us sooner, we’d have told you where those arrows were.

Reactions: hassell

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice job checking another one off the list Cam.
I wish you’d have asked us sooner, we’d have told you where those arrows were.
Lolololol ... well if you get a chance ,tell me where I can find the first one that I launched at the blue grouse .. those hard Alberta mountain roads are unforgiving and for all I know it could be in Hassells back yard in BC...lol.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts