Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
37 Posts
gonna give it a try after i get done watching s.u. put a whoopin on nova..im out east of rochester, wayne county got dumped on from the storm so not sure how its gonna go ,got about 2 ft of snow...

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should make for great hunting!predators will be hunting hard because rabbits and mice have a hard time with 2 ft. of snow.im outside of buffaloin in lockport.we got the same.tell me how you do

·
1 Posts
I live in Saratoga County and the Yotes howl all night long. I have hunted night and day the score is 12 down 3 missed best time is daylight and sunset, night time produced Yotes and the 3 misses. At night I carry a rifle 220 slung and shot gun ready that slowed down the misses. There are plenty of dogs here and also in Washington county. That is where I hunt always get answers calling but don't always get them to come in. Rabbit call brings and rodent call brings them closer. In the morning I use Turkey call, works some times real good.

·
135 Posts
I'm in the capital dist. i use the traditional rabbit , mice calls too. i also have good luck with fox puppy in destress sounds.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been using alot of howls and coyote vocals with no luck.they have been responding but not commiting.are u guys still trying critter distress calls or no?im outside of buffalo and they are real vocal at night so im sure they are pairing up to breed.havent had no luck with cottontail distress in a week so i am changing up to howls.any luck howling yet?

·
30 Posts
NIGHTGHOST said:
wondering how others do it in western newyork.are my the only coyote fanatic in this area?
It's quite possible there are a few more fanatics than you think......

·
3 Posts
Iam from THE albany county area. Ive been out every weekend just before dark no luck. but i hunt alone . looking to hook up with someone . id rather hunt in a pair. i have 340 acres to hunt

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I live in Buffalo. I have been coyote hunting since I was a kid in the southern tier. I would love to find some new people to hunt with.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
That is not far at all from me! I am right in the city of Buffalo. I hunt around Canaseraga. We should get together this season for a few hunts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Chautauqua county south off buffalo about an hour.. Just getting into hunting coyotes and I love it. Iv been scouting and have some sets in mind, also just purchased some new hand calls. The primos hot dog and the ki-yi. Iv herd alot of good things about them so I am a excited to try em out

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Welcome to PT! Those are some good calls. Do your practicing where they won't hear you. You might want to get a distress call with a little less volume to start a stand with. I have both of those calls and they are loud. The cover is so thick here that you can have a coyote or fox a lot closer than you think. If you blast away with a distress call it can turn a critter the wrong direction. That is not to say it will scare it off for sure but starting with a little caution won't hurt. If I am hunting in some thick stuff I start with lip squeaks.

·
Super Moderator
23,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum Agermain6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts