Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum and I'm looking for someone in this area who might know areas to hunt -- maybe even someone to go out with a few times to get the hang of coyote hunting. Have hunted for decades, but never predators. I have good equipment (Foxpro, TC Encore .223) and have called some, but no results yet. Thanks!

·
652 Posts
I am in Blaine-that's not too far from ya. my old man grew up in Lake Elmo, he said it used to be ALL farms and fields. its kinda sad really

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Coyotejon,

I was born and raised here, too. Been away for some years and now there are whole neighborhoods where I hunted as a kid. Farms are mostly gone. You're right -- very sad.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took a drive from Lake Elmo going south today, looking for an area to ask permission. Again, houses everywhere! Thinking I might have to travel considerably west of the Twin Cities. How about you: any hunting areas close by?

·
652 Posts
depends on what you call close i guess. i would suggest heading north on 95 into the Marine, Scandia type area. another thing that i have found is helpful is looking at google earth and seeing where the houses stop and the country starts. i do have a couple areas you might try if you are willing to drive 45 min or so but i would rather not post them on here. PM me if you want specifics and we'll see if we can come up with something

·
15 Posts
Hey guys I live in Forrest Lake (grew up in south Maplewood) and have just started hunting coyotes this year. I've tried a few areas with no luck yet. I went metro area, Southern MN, and Western MN. Tried woods, river valley, and prairie to no avail. My next spots are going to be some farms that I turkey hunt. PM me if you want me to share some details as posting them here wouldn't be best.

·
3 Posts
Hey guys I am new to the forum and I am from and live in Stillwater. I haven't been able to shoot any dogs yet but am looking to change that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts