Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I'm just starting to get into predator hunting with my husband and wanted to know if there were any other ladies into predator hunting!

Any good advice for getting started as a woman? Do you hunt with your husband? Do you make a "girls" day out of it? (if not... hmmm, that might actually be fun
)

Any tips or tricks that you know works but your hubby doesn't believe??

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

·
119 Posts
LadyHunter,
Hey, glad to see more women taking to the field! My girlfriend just got started hunting with me this year, and she is really getting hard core into it! It started by taking her shed hunting, and letting her find a few nice antlers, then trail cameras, then a bow. That was just deer season. While sitting in the stand I called in a coyote, but missed him. Now she goes calling with me just about every time I go. She doesn't actually want to shoot, she likes running the camera for me and taking still pics of the dogs/cats coming in. My best advice is...no matter how annoyed/frustrated we guys get with the lack of experience just take a deep breath and remember when you didn't know much. I keep it fun, and let her learn. She is rapidly becoming one of the best hunters I have hunted with.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Tommy! You should have her hop on here & post! I have been out w/ my hubby a few times to scout areas.... I'm ready to get all my gear together & get out there & start hunting!

I'm not opposed to actually shooting the predators, after all, essentially they are a nuisance to most, why not eradicate them?

It's funny because I was always worried about hunting, because I didn't want to "out perform" my hubby...
anyone else feel that way?? There's nothing worse than "out hunting" / "out shooting" a man!
LOL ~ I don't know about you, but it seems I beat him at every game I play, why should hunting be any different????
Beginners Luck, I guess....

I hope to hear from some other women hunters! I'd like to hear how y'all feel

·
13 Posts
My daughter is my predator hunting buddy she hunts every chance she gets. 14 and got her prioirities right Daddy first LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I just started hunting, LOVING it! My man and I are new to predator hunting, we have been doing alot of scouting. Many good places to try calling some in ( weather hasn't been cooperating so much. Snow all the time... hope to chat soon!

·
85 Posts
My daughter just started hunting went to hunters safety course, been Deer hunting and pig hunting with me. She loves shooting the AR but her fav is an old .22LR Glenfield/Marlin Model#25. She is going to start coyote hunting with me this weekend weather permitting! I introduced her to shooting sticks, she is hooked. My wife shot a 350lb Hog 2 years ago, with a crossbow, now she has voiced an interest in going with me in calling in a coyote. They really don't like me practicing calling in the house.

·
22 Posts
good luck to you ladyhunter. i've been trying to get my girlfriend out with me but she hasn't gone yet.although she will go deer & dove hunting with me.and we do enjoy doing that together. i really don't mind too much if she does better then me but i am new to yote hunt and can use any good advice possible.

·
3 Posts
I just started hunting with my husband in the fall. Actually called one in and of course I missed it, but the adrenalin rush was well worth the trip! Since then, we have called in a bobcat and that was exciting. Glad to see there are other women dog hunters out there.

·
Die Hard Member
1,587 Posts
My Wife Loves to deer hunt with me, but I havent mentioned predator hunting to her yet, Mainly due to the fact I am just getting started myself. I am hoping to get her in on the PH scene also. She is a Corporate Manager and Hunting Time Really helps Her Unwind. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I even made a custom pink acrylic call for a guys wife up in North Dakota... and the pictures prove the coyotes didnt care who was pulling the trigger or if the call was pink.....

Great shooting Ladies...

Mike
Pure Predator Calls
www.purepredator.com

Attachments

·
18 Posts
My wife predator hunts, heck she hunts everything including moose and bear and has been my main hunting partner for 20 years. She does not like forums though and won't participate on them. I don't much either.

Have fun LadyHunter.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's nice to see all the other ladies hunting! I have to confess.... I've been about 4 times with my husband so far. We haven't seen anything. Heard them calling back once or twice, but that's about it. But I will confess, I can't technically shoot them yet - I still have to do the hunters safety course. But it's still neat to get to go and get in a little hunting experience as I had never been before.

I did get to go to the range & help sight in the rifles.... Ohhh... I can't wait to get a coyote with one of them!

Thanks for sharing the pics Mike! I does help to know I'm not the only crazy wife hunting coyotes

·
184 Posts
I'm a woman hunter (and taxidermist!) I have actually just gotten started in hunting but I've been doing taxidermy since I was 12. So far I have only hunted wild hogs but this September I will be going on my first deer hunt, in South Carolina. Sometime I'd like to try predator hunting too.

·
136 Posts
My daughter just became interested in firepower recently. At the range where I shoot regulary, she was accepted readily. A NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer took her under his wing, starting her out with .22 LR pistols, and finally developing her into a .44 Magnum shooter. She told me later that .44 Magnums are her favorite and her fifty foot target hits proved her gained prowess. My daughter lives in Colorado, but she was pistol-trained in Michigan. My daughter is now a strapped/Colorado/jogger unfearful of Cougar attacks. Cliffy

·
136 Posts
Jessica Brooks of Barnes Bullets in Utah, seems the queen of predator hunting to date. Even Coni Brooks, my female idol of many years, seems slightly paled by my new queen of ballistics, Jessica. Cliffy

·
6 Posts
Glad to see more women in the woods. I think it is a great idea to get your wife, GF, and your kids into the sport. I recently got my wife into bird hunting. She loves it. Especially goose. I cant talk her into deer yet. But I am trying. And as for the post above of Jessica from barnes, Keep up the great work !!!! I love your varmint grenades. AWSUME, AWSUME bullets. No fur tear up's.
And my hat goes off to all you women hunters. Keep up the great work.

·
126 Posts
I am a lady hunter also. I even make call lanyards and my husband makes calls. I also am one of the organizers of a coyote calling event here in Missouri. I sometimes hunt with my husband. A lot of times I go solo. I also have another female friend who partnered up with me at the last 2 calling contest I done.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts