Predator Hunting Forum banner

AB mule deer round 2

805 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  pokeyjeeper 
#1 ·
My turn today ,checked snares and picked up my first 3 coyotes of the year and then tagged out on a nice mule deer of my own ...someday I will be smart.enough to not shoot them 500 ft down the bank towards the river..

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
Made it to Calgary this afternoon , closer I got the worse the roads became..32° to start with and light snow/ rain on 2 hr drive ...became a 3 hr drive as speeds dropped from 65 mph to 40 for last hr ..road was like glass .. a couple cars upside down In the ditch didn't deter some guys passing on double lane .. hi winds now 30 - 50 from the north and temp down to 10°F...gonna be a brutal sit first thing in the morning.

#12 ·
Day one is over ,been coming here for 37 years now and this is the hardest hunt ever , they got a foot of snow 5nweeks agonand it melted down to 8 in then crusted over ...3 in since have complicated the problem and many of the deer have moved to places where feed is more readily available .Problem is access and permission to hunt is almost impossible to get so I'm stuck with a half section of great deer country with no deer . Guess I shouldn't say no deer ,just not the numbers I am used to. Walking is difficult and being quiet is impossible when moving so I park my 3 legged stool against a big tree for a backdrop and wait . Had a mule doe and fawn pass by at 60 yds and a spiker whitetail come to 40 before the wind gave me away ...tired from my walks to and from stands today so had supper a welcome hot shower and am hitting the hay .tomorrow is supposed to be less windy .[emoji106]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.