Predator Hunting Forum banner

A very quick cat hunt.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  pokeyjeeper 
#1 ·
Went out to do some predator calling and I sat up downwind from a long hillside covered in cedars. I was about 30 yards from the fence line between the cedars and the short fescue I was on. Sat my caller to my right about 20 yards and got sat down. I hit play on rabbit distress and it wasn't a full minute when this cat hopped through the fence and stood there twitching his tail like crazy. I had to have set up right on him. Right place at right time I guess. Big-for around here-30 pound tom. Not too spotted but he'll do. Sending him and a couple from last year to a friend that does some great taxidermy work. He puts them in glass coffee tables with quail or pheasants and sells them at some outdoor shows and gun shows. People pay crazy money for them. I've seen a few sell from $2000-$3000. He gives me $250 for each one and I'm happy as can be. If I sold them locally to the buyer I might get $50 and the cat better have a lot of spots

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice cat Murph. Those coffee tables are awesome.

Reactions: murphyranch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.