Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out back yesterday to check on things as we have had a lot of high winds and of course I didn’t have a gun with me and ended up seeing 3 different woodchucks so they will be dealt with soon I had planned on taking a walk this afternoon but rain moved in so maybe tomorrow afternoon I’ll see if I can snipe them I also seen a few coyote tracks so I know I have one of them around also I’ll keep everyone posted on a new season of varmint control

Reactions: SteveMc

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
Go get ‘em Pokey!

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men. Gang aft a-gley".

Steinbeck

Reactions: hassell

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well boys there’s one less woodchuck running around here
I was working my bee hives this afternoon and took the 22-250 I had worked 1 row of hives and got into the next row and forgot to bring the gun and was not keeping an eye out
I happen to look around and out about 40 yards from me is a large woodchuck eating
The gun and shooting sticks are 50 yards away so I keep an eye on the chuck and slowly make my way to the gun and sticks I get them line up the shot at 90 yards and down she went not a long range sniper shot as I know with that gun I’m good on a woodchuck out to 350 yards all day long but mission accomplished one less hole digger
Plant community Carnivore Plant Felidae Vegetation

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well boys another woodchuck met his maker this afternoon
I was back checking on the bees and on my way home I have a woodchuck I see every once in a while and he’s smart I’ve been after him for 2 years and as soon as he sees me he’s gone well today I seen him first and let the 22-250 bark and down he went shot was about 120 yards not a long poke but a well earned one View attachment 40591 View attachment 40591

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you guys yeah the word will get out and the grass and weeds are getting tall so I may not get to many more but we shall see

·
Super Moderator
23,471 Posts
Nice shooting Pokey.

Reactions: pokeyjeeper
1 - 20 of 32 Posts