Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent this afternoon working on a few minor glitches and bad form habits. My daughters have a state 4-H shoot and a regional shoot coming up and haven’t got to practice as much as usual due to covid, shell shortages, cancelled

practices, softball, school starting, show steers and pigs and other stuff most teenagers are in to. Weather finally cooperated and wasn’t 100*. They both got a couple hundred rounds shot and I think I’ll have them shoot some more this evening after an early supper.
My youngest girl started out with poor stance and all her weight on her back foot. All it took was 2 pictures and once she looked at them she got back to doing what helps her crush targets which is in the 2 nd picture.

My oldest girl gets inconsistent with gun mount. In this picture she has the butt stock too high on her shoulder. She also gets to looking at the clay over the end of her barrel instead of keeping her cheek on the stock.

They love to shoot and are pretty darn good at it too. I’m truly blessed to have 2 daughters who love to spend time doing things with their old man. They really are good kids. Not sure how that happened but it did and I keep them around a little longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good stuff, Murph. Some people cannot bear to see themselves on video or stills for that matter. Good they don't have that issue, because it's quite an advantage to see yourself in action and then to compensate accordingly. Those little adjustments can make all the difference. Today, we have the instant technology that was impossible years ago and obviously, they're not "afraid" to improve.

Bet they'd be some good crow hunters!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good stuff, Murph. Some people cannot bear to see themselves on video or stills for that matter. Good they don't have that issue, because it's quite an advantage to see yourself in action and then to compensate accordingly. Those little adjustments can make all the difference. Today, we have the instant technology that was impossible years ago and obviously, they're not "afraid" to improve.

Bet they'd be some good crow hunters!
I usually have around 10 kids shooting each year. Of those maybe 3 new shooters. I will admit that sometimes I have trouble explaining what it is I want them to do so pictures are the visual they can actually see, especially with stance and form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Positioning is very important so that a bad habit is not created to compensate. Agreed. Easy to spot.

Same in golf. If your feet are not square to the target (for most shots), the swing must be off a naturally good plane to compensate a hit to the target. Thus, a bad habit is created and that complicates things down the road - and, the mistakes can multiply with a bad grip, which is another foundational necessity. And, on and on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts