Predator Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about doing a .223 build as a designated night hunting rifle. I have already selected the upper. A DPMS flat top with a 16" heavy chrome moly barrel. Any of you fellers know where might be a good source for a complete lower receiver assembly like a (preferably) DPMS, or Olympic, Stag, etc. etc. that might run a little less than an arm and a leg?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
There are a lot of options out there for lowers, but from what I understand, very few companies actually machine their own lowers. That means most of them come from the same place.

I went on this search last year because I was going to build a couple more AR's. Unfortunately I also picked up a few whole guns, and now I don't plan to finish building these.

I found Spikes Tactical to make some great quality lowers... and they look sharp too. I would part with the black one for $100 or the color filled one for $120.

If you went this route, you would likely want to get a different trigger. I think you would be happy with the rest of it though. My FFL is out until next week, but I could ship after that if you want one.

FYI - These were logged in as "Pistol Lowers" which makes them worth a bit more from what ive seen. They can legally be used on a rifle though. Once you go rifle though, you can't go back and use them on a pistol.

spikes_lowers  2&#54.jpg
spikes_lowers  2&#54.jpg
spikes_lowers  2&#54.jpg
Picture 279..jpg

Attachments

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris,
I sent you a PM.
Holler back.

·
19 Posts
I've got a DMPS upper myself, with a Bushmaster lower. However I also have a Rock River Arms full assembly and have to say that is much better than my Bushmaster.

·
Be vewy, vewy quiet!
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kennyd said:
I've got a DMPS upper myself, with a Bushmaster lower. However I also have a Rock River Arms full assembly and have to say that is much better than my Bushmaster.
What DPMS upper do you have? I am going with an A3 flat top w/16" bull barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts