Predator Hunting Forum banner

22 cal. Nosler Balisic Tip

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Cliffy 
#1 ·
Anyone bring down any coyotes with this bullet. I am hand loading them at 3,961 muzzle velocity in my 22-250 and they shoot unbelievable groups. I haven't been lucky enough to get a shot at a coyote with them yet.

#4 ·
I can buy 22 caliber Hornady V-Max around here cheaper than the Noslers. I do have some Nosler Ballistic tips in 85 grain loaded for my .25-06. They are good bullets.

#7 ·
BOTH 55 grain Hornady V-Max and Nosler 55 grain Ballistic Tip fare are first-class for coyote hunting. Regardless of initial bullet cost, and I buy the Ballistic Tips in 250 quantity boxes to save a little money, both are reasonable in price for the performance obtained downrange. Both fare are extremely accurate regarding my Ruger Model 77 Mark II Sporter, 1-in-12" twist, 22" barrel. I impart my accuracy, partially due to my scope selection at 200 yards: a Burris Signature Select 6-24x44mm scope. No, not a super-priced scope, but a very good one at $650. That I practice regularly improves my aim. My NEW local range selection, Coloma Rod & Gun, allows 300 yard shooting, so SOON I shall share my result at 300 yards. Once weather warms to suit my fingers, I generally shoot thrice-a-week, about seventy rounds a session, and always with my customized, experimental loads. My rifle has never experienced a "factory" load. I hope to submit my findings within the articles of this great, new website designed to further the practiced knowledge of its wealth of information. Cliffy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.