25 replies to this topic

#1 RoughNeck

RoughNeck

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

Has anyone picked up this new predator mag, I seen it at Hastings and got it. Has alot of good articles and helpful hints, called the publiser and they said it was a trial run to see how they sell, before they make anymore.

#2 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 7841 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

No, not seen that one around, just got power and water last year?

#3 Dust

Dust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

parents have been trying to find it for me in Austin Texas with no luck

#4 RoughNeck

RoughNeck

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

parents have been trying to find it for me in Austin Texas with no luck

Try the Wal-mart or a local news stand should have it said not to have published alot of them, tryin to find out more info on it

#5 wilded

wilded

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 616 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Walmart at Palmer and I 35 has it in Round Rock. :mad:
Stop by my Texas Outdoor Blog and leave a comment.

http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

#6 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 7841 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Walmart in Sandpoint Idaho don't have any cause I looked today!!

#7 Dust

Dust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:01 AM

thanks wilded. I forwarded the info to my parents.

#8 wilded

wilded

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

There are some very good articles and then there is some filler material. Like most magazines they have a hard time doing an evaluation of E callers and speak in vague terms. I understand it is hard to rate a non advertiser over a company that fills your magazines with ads. I do wish however we would be able to read some honest head to head tests of the major e callers on the market along with predator rifles and other predator hunting gear. There are enough ads in all the predator magazines without out making the evaluations just another ad. JMHO, ET
Stop by my Texas Outdoor Blog and leave a comment.

http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

#9 El Gato Loco

El Gato Loco

Major Contributor

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3465 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

There are some very good articles and then there is some filler material. Like most magazines they have a hard time doing an evaluation of E callers and speak in vague terms. I understand it is hard to rate a non advertiser over a company that fills your magazines with ads. I do wish however we would be able to read some honest head to head tests of the major e callers on the market along with predator rifles and other predator hunting gear. There are enough ads in all the predator magazines without out making the evaluations just another ad. JMHO, ET

How about we make PT the online magazine it was built to be? I'm up for doing honest reviews. We'll allow advertising to anyone who wants it, but no favoritism in our journalism. Anyone who doesn't like that, doesn't have to advertise. I run another site that way and it works well.

I'd gladly pay writers to review stuff.... and I could arrange to get them the equipment.

#10 Dust

Dust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

I got the last issue from the wally world in round rock. Thanks wilded

#11 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 7841 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

Where's the mag. based out of?

#12 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18180 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

I looked at our local wally world, never heard of it. She said that she would give my number to the outside vendor who stocks the magazines.

As far as reviewing stuff "bring it on". I always have an opinion. I'm not the best wth words but, I'll try it.

Edited by youngdon, 01 December 2010 - 07:37 AM.

Tree Branch Calls

If you use it, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#13 AWMiller

AWMiller

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

How about we make PT the online magazine it was built to be? I'm up for doing honest reviews. We'll allow advertising to anyone who wants it, but no favoritism in our journalism. Anyone who doesn't like that, doesn't have to advertise. I run another site that way and it works well.

I'd gladly pay writers to review stuff.... and I could arrange to get them the equipment.

Chris I think that would be a very viable position to take! For those interested in performing reviews and providing sound write-ups maybe you could have them submit several examples of previous work? Or perhaps something else so that you could see their work before you get down the road on this effort. If you need some help or ideas just holler out!!

#14 AWMiller

AWMiller

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

as for seeing that Predator Nation magazine.... none sighted in Tarrant or Dallas counties as of yet....

#15 graver4

graver4

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:01 PM

I picked up two copies of the magazine for 2 of my sons in Dec. shopping at Sam's Club or BJ's. They both really liked the magazine so I was just searching for it to subscribe & ended up here.

#16 Helmet_S

Helmet_S

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Chris I think your idea is great. I think that Predatortalk is becoming popular enough that you could really make it a viable resource for informiaton. I also beleive that with the vast amount of experience on this sight it would be great to see people writing reviews. I would personally love to see reviews from novice hunters to very experienced hunters. that way you know how the product would work for a first timer and a veteran.

I haven't done formal reviews but would love to help out in anyway.

#17 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18180 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

graver4, welcome to the site. It don't matter how you got here, just that you did !

Tree Branch Calls

If you use it, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#18 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 7841 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Welcome also graver4, enjoy the site!!

#19 bar-d

bar-d

Be vewy, vewy quiet!

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 2493 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:02 AM

Welcome to PT graver4.
:D
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
Thomas Jefferson

#20 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 2273 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:09 AM

Again from the high Colorado rockies :runforhills: graver4.

:D

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users