• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:28 AM

Thankfully the Vegas experience has come to an end for my wife and I. It's a cool place to visit, but living there is not in the cards for us. The journey back to Phoenix has gone into full swing. The Company my wife works for has graciously decided to pay for an apartment for us for a few months while we get situated and look for a home. I have never lived in an apt. and quite frankly that is possibly one reason why you haven't heard about me in the news. I'd go batty if I didn't have an end in sight to have our own house. I'm rather looking forward to having the space to put a few of you up this next year.Don't get me wrong the apt. is really nice, pretty quiet and so far I haven't found a neighbor that I didn't like. I just don't have a place to turn out reloads or a lace to make large pieces of wood into smaller(sometimes dust) pieces of wood. We have started looking at  places though and have actually found a place we like already, tomorrow will tell if we make an offer or not on that particular property. I will say that the Grey dog seems to like it as there are other dogs he wants to play with( mostly snarling Chihuahuas) and a few cats that he seems intent on chasing. He likes the walks and has lots of plants to "water".

Well, that's my rant for today, it's nice to be back in AZ on a permanent basis.

Tree Branch Calls

If you use them  they will come

Facebook @ TreeBranch Woodcrafts

Send me a PM if you'd like a call made just for you

I can make you a call out of most old shell casings as a souvenir of a special hunt, a first kill etc.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

Mr. Coyote says, you can trap me, snare me, shoot me, cage me, chase me, just don't EVER swat me. I'll bite you...twice if you taste like a yooper !

#2 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

Best of luck in this chapter of your journey, YD.  Good to know what you don't want; better to know what you do.

#3 Rick Howard

Rick Howard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:22 AM

Glad things are working out for ya buddy! Keep us posted.
Formerly itzDirty

#4 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3,142 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

Hope you think your gonna stay in one place this time.LOL.

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#5 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 10,286 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

Good luck on your hunt.

#6 Larry

Larry

Crackerjack Trapper & Predator Pursuant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

Ill keep an eye on the news. I am positive the Ill see a AZ haboob story. Yeppers it will be caused by Don should he be in the Apartment nearing August 1.  

COYOTES CANNOT FLY

THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH>  I once shopped for a hat made from a Jupiters little dog tail and a prickle, but all I could find was a hair roach in Tuscon.  

#7 azpredatorhunter

azpredatorhunter

Just a member...

• Members
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

I've learned my lesson twice...

Welcome back Don
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Benjamin Franklin

#8 Tuffdaddy

Tuffdaddy

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:04 AM

Good luck finding the new abode!  Baby steps...

#9 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Thank you all for the well wishes and the welcome back. I'm hoping that this will be the last move for us...if it ain't she better be ruling the world. I'm tired of packing and unpacking, this will be the 9th move for us in 22 years together, some of them for promotions some were self inflicted.

Tree Branch Calls

I can make you a call out of most old shell casings as a souvenir of a special hunt, a first kill etc.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

Mr. Coyote says, you can trap me, snare me, shoot me, cage me, chase me, just don't EVER swat me. I'll bite you...twice if you taste like a yooper !

#10 Mark Steinmann

Mark Steinmann

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Congrats & welcome back to the valley Don. Just in time for the warm up... hitting 100 this weekend. Best of luck on finding the correct home!

- Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

#11 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Mark. I was hoping for something less than hell for my re-acclimation.... I guess I'll have to increase my ice cream intake....

Unfortunately I just found out that a deal I had to get a half dozen all access passes to the 2018 SHOT shot fell through.

Tree Branch Calls

#12 Mark Steinmann

Mark Steinmann

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thanks Mark. I was hoping for something less than hell for my re-acclimation.... I guess I'll have to increase my ice cream intake....
Unfortunately I just found out that a deal I had to get a half dozen all access passes to the 2018 SHOT shot fell through.

Haha, yeah more ice cream & some pool time to cool down.... that is until the pools turn too bath water temps in July & August. Bummer on the passes!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

#13 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

I'm still gonna work on the passes. My wifes Aunt lives there and would gladly let several of us stay at her house. She has two upstairs bedrooms that never get used.

The majority of the pool is shaded so it shouldn't get to bad with the fan spray running at night.

Tree Branch Calls

#14 Larry

Larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

So Don,,,will your wife and aunt, go shopping with my wife whilst a northerner heads out with you for a cat hunt. I do believe I can still fool one or two of those AZ cats. 

COYOTES CANNOT FLY

THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH>  I once shopped for a hat made from a Jupiters little dog tail and a prickle, but all I could find was a hair roach in Tuscon.  

#15 knapper

knapper

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

OK Don what is a fan spray?

#16 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Don, I hope things settle down a little now with you and Deb at least bing in the same city...........

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic!

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

#17 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

So Don,,,will your wife and aunt, go shopping with my wife whilst a northerner heads out with you for a cat hunt. I do believe I can still fool one or two of those AZ cats. 

The aunt lives in Vegas but would likely be game for shopping. The wife would go if she's not working...She works a lot....

Tree Branch Calls

#18 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 20,684 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

OK Don what is a fan spray?

A fan spray is attached to a pipe on the edge of a pool that returns a portion of the water after filtering, it has a slit in it that sprays the return water in a fan shape up and into the pool, as sun heated water passes through the hot dry air a  bit of it evaporates and cools it. It feels downright cold to the skin and cools the entire pool after a few hours to the point that it is refreshing again. In years past many houses were cooled by what we call a swamp cooler that works on the same principle. I'll explain the workings of them if you have interest. they don't work so well once the humidity rises to a certain point though.

Don, I hope things settle down a little now with you and Deb at least bing in the same city...........

Thank you....I hope so too Mike.

Tree Branch Calls

#19 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3,142 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:49 AM

In past years?---------> us old timers still use swamp coolers up in this country.LOL.

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#20 Larry

Larry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

Don...do you plan on finding a house in Phoenix proper? or will you find one on a acreage or so? Hey Ill wait to get you some wood until you get your legs anchored! The saw mill gets in unusual pieces all the time. 

COYOTES CANNOT FLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users