Predator Hunting Forum banner

**** Shoulda Took a Picture ****

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Bigdrowdy1 
#1 ·
Miss K cooked up some blocked Elk bones in the slow cooker. She let'em simmer in the pot for two days with long carrots and taters. Last night she made steam'in hot sugar beet tops splathered with butter and poured her Elk bone soup over the mess and I had to eat most of it--- I'm still stuffed.

We do this every year just before April for good luck for the hay season, but this year was a bit different.

She put a medium pinch of Hassells magic garlic powder in her brew. Those of you that have tasted Ricks magic dust know what I had to go through at dinner time.

I guard the little that's left in that jar like gold.LOL.

#2 ·
Awe the golden glob of white issences of garlic!!! Yes sir I do know the special stuff of which you speak in it own way special as a mothers love and the uniqueness found only from north of the border!! I think I have shared this with only one for I love its uniqueness. Never will forget when the box arrived broken inside and the moment it was opened and how the freshness of a truly special treat overwhelemed my house wit an aroma that has not been matched to this day!!

#3 ·
That's a lot of fancy talk'in there BigD--- but I see you are one of the few--- and our minds have met.lol.

That faithful day I opened the jar of Ricks magic powder, I had heathens in the house (folks down the road) and it was like someone yelled YEEEHAWWW at the top of their lungs and everyone stared at the shiny glass of light colored gold.

As the aroma filled the air-------- they knew I would kill.lol.

:pawprint:

#8 ·
Last I saw Rick and Cindy when they ventured down to Vegas Rick tossed a a baggie of that golden dust on the table at Margaritaville. I had a sudden vision of the inside of a jail cell. However I snatched it up and hid it from the throng of ParrotHeads around us. You could smell it through the bag.

The following year I received a healthy bag of whole cloves. I ran them through the food processor and froze it in cubes that were then sealed up tight in more plastic. I still have a tad that will be making the move to Phoenix real soon. It is indeed a treat for the olfactory sense and taste buds.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good thing we didn't smother them with mulch this time around. One question, though: How far should my onions be from the garlic plants? I have about 600 to 800 onions to plant and the garden is 75 feet square with the garlic toward the center.

You have plenty of time, Larry, because garlic is planted in the fall.
Well if that is what we have then I would put them on the best downwind side for the powdery mildew and also keep in mind where the vine plants will be going - also mildew problem plants with cucumber being the worst of the bunch. I experimented planting garlic in the spring and they turned out quite well so I threw in some again this year ( 60 or 80) March 24th. I've got a few pic's of them around here somewhere. The nicest garlic grow in the colder parts of the country.

#18 ·
So, we should plant any powdery-mildew-prone plants downwind of the garlic?

We can do that, because the melons and pumpkins can go outside of the electric fence area.

Thank you.
It's actually the onion maggot that is the concern but the mildew is another on going problem in gardens. I put my onions usually outside the garden area along with spuds as nothing will bother them.

#21 ·
Hell I plan on keeping Hassel happy with smoked treats. Texas ain't known for its Cold weather LOL. Besides if you want the best you know where all this wonderfully, magical, aromic flavored stuff originated!! Just saying but please plan on my friends!

:cowboy:

Rodney

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.