• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fergeris

fergeris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

I have some deer trimming that I ran thru the meat grinder figured why not. Does anyone have a recipe that's pretty good for Coyote I have most ingredients just curious if anyone has anything that works

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#2 fergeris

fergeris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

Forgot to add for traps but figured most will know that hahah

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#3 catcapper

catcapper

Master Trapper/Predator Hunter

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3,152 posts
  • Location:Up High in the Great Colorado Rocky Mountains Westcliffe,CO.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:16 AM

I don't use deer meat for bait but a lot of folks do and its a natural scent in the outdoor world.

At the type of sets I use I don't need a recipe for meat bait--- I use the K.I.S.S. method so I just taint the meat bait for 4-5 days and then salt it.

Be sure its legal in your state to use wild game for bait.

:pawprint:

If you run you'll only die tired

"All Wild Things"

Nuisance Wildlife Control

#4 Larry

Larry

Crackerjack Trapper & Predator Pursuant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:55 AM

Guess I am different. I grind lure and I chunk bait.

My chunks are huge 2 -3 inches. So are my bait sets (dirt holes). I seldom make a hole like you see in magazines or books.  I want the yotes to see all that dirt from a distance and when they get there and I want a big chunk to hold them there.

Like CatCapper I taint them in the sun for 10 days or so. Then add salt to stop the action and use it. I dump the bait out on a table and I mist all pieces with a brine solution instead of just added granules. Seems to not leave the meat that salty. Probably doesn't make it a difference, but each trapper has his own vices when it comes to bait/lures. You'll know when the meat is tainted as it has a sour smell and you can handle it, it's not slimy. If its gone to far you'll know its slimy and ripe and is a goo.  

While ripe bait works for coons and especially possums, Tained baits work betterl for all cats, coyotes and big ridge runner coons during breeding in Jan,  

Since yours s ground dont worry. Make meat balls out of them and taint them that way. Mist them down then freeze them. Should work just fine. 

COYOTES CANNOT FLY

THOUGHT FOR THE MONTH>  I once shopped for a hat made from a Jupiters little dog tail and a prickle, but all I could find was a hair roach in Tuscon.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users