Predator Hunting Forum banner

Any good goose jerky recipes?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kiyote 
#1 ·
I have a few goose breasts that I'm looking to make jerky out of. Anyone have some good marinades they want to share?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mild.....3 tablespoons liquid smoke, 2-3 tablespoons worcestershire, some black pepper , tablespoon kosher salt and then add 2 cups water. Let the whole breast's sit for a night or two in the fridge.

Hot...3 tablespoons liquid smoke, 2-3 tablespoons worchestire sauce, 2 tablespoons red chili powder, table spoon kosher salt, 2 cups water. Let the whole breast's sit for a night or two in the fridge.

If you don't have enough brine just add more water and salt. You cant mess it up.

Take them out of fridge pat to dry, slice to desired thickness smoke on low temp 100-150F till stiff. Yeah they be a little grease on sum because goose fat is heavy and does not drain well. Place in glass mason jar when done.

#8 ·
lol. that has always been my thoughts also.them damn birds just taste fowl to me.
You really should try goose jerky then. Unlike beef jerky that seems to dissolve in a few quick bites. A Canada goose cut into 1/4 strips and either smoked or dehydrated after a good soak, last for quite a while if you hold it between your cheek and teeth.

#9 ·
You really should try goose jerky then. Unlike beef jerky that seems to dissolve in a few quick bites. A Canada goose cut into 1/4 strips and either smoked or dehydrated after a good soak, last for quite a while if you hold it between your cheek and teeth.
NOT THAT I am missing what your saying ,lol , but if something tastes fowl to me ,I generally do not wish to keep it in my mouth for extended periods of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.