Predator Hunting Forum banner

Free Food

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  hassell 
#1 ·
Nothing like foraging for a few morsels of unadulterated nutrition. No labels required.

Found the morel fungus when cutting wood today. I don't eat the stuff, but there are some local folks who come over every few days hunting for them. They say my place is the best for finding the mushrooms but they don't know where I found this one (but, I'll show them). Guess I should have used a flash on the pic.

Last fall I put markers alongside the wild asparagus that I missed in the spring. Found them easily this spring. I like to eat them raw or cooked just a little, so they're still crunchy. I realize there are lots of ways to prepare asparagus, but I prefer honest, fresh stuff undoctored.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Not at all, Eric.

So much to do around here after waiting 6 months for the weather to break. And, since I hate heat, I gotta get as much wood cutting done as I can before it heats up, before the skeeters take over, and before the poison ivy leafs out. Just about out of time now. Of course, there are the food plots, garden, mowing, and work on the house upgrades.

It's a long list and only one thing at a time can make it to the top of the list. But, I did spend some time stripping the bark off the flame box elder I am hoping to salvage for some of our call makers.

It's funny. Now that coyote season is open year-round, I've put it on the back burner thinking I can do it anytime. Yet, "anytime" never seems to materialize.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.