Predator Hunting Forum banner

Jalepeno jelly??

4K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  olsonfia 
#1 ·
Went to a buddies house lastnight and he whipped out a jar or home made jalepeno jelly. Never heard of it before but we had it on crackers. It was great!! So tonight after work I had to try to make it myself tonight. First time canning anything and first time for jelly. Let yall know how it turns out

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I've had some in the past and it is good....if ...it doesn't contain to much membrane or seeds. My couple of plants produced more peppers than the neighborhood could eat so I dried them and ground them up in a coffee grinder. A little dust goes a long way.

#4 ·
I picked them, cut them in half length wise and cleaned the seeds and membrane out before dehydrating. Then grind them. A word or two of caution .... Wear gloves when de seeding and be careful when you grind them as the dust is VERY potent. It will send an asthmatic into an attack

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Boy you guys are making me hungry, we make that to, we dry any left over peppers, here is one to try - roasted garlic, baked brie cheese, put a roasted clove on a cracker, piece of brie cheese topped with jalapeno jelly. Pear jalapeno jelly or jam is another favorite.
Do you prefer a leather glove or a latex glove?

#10 ·
Strawberry Jalapeno Jelly in window. Goes great with the smoke spicy summer sausage.Like sweet and hot smoked venison Texas is style!!!

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Roasting

Countertop Property Furniture Cabinetry Kitchen

I figured it is pass dinner time so nobody should be hungry.

Attachments

#11 ·
You figured wrong my friend

Reactions: Mav3rick40
#13 ·
I know you did that on purpose! !

#16 ·
never had it,but i have heard of jalepeno jelly

so for those that have had it, is it hot and spicey like the pepper itself?

or does making it into jelly make it sweeter?

i love hot and spicey food.

my grandmother on my mothers side was full blooded hispanic.

she made a hot sauce/picante sauce that most people couldnt eat.

as kids we were weaned on this kind of food.

#17 ·
I've had it both ways(the jelly) and it depends on how it's made. My one friend used to cut up and then soak his jalapeños in water (I think she started with hot water or maybe she simmered them for a bit, and hers had the flavor with out much heat other times I've had it and it was a Lot more spicy.
I've never made it, but a recipe would be nice if someone could get it?

#19 ·
Have you ever saved and planted the seeds?

#22 ·
I've had good luck with tomatoes and cilantro and such. I haven't tried the peppers because my plants are on their third year. They have been frozen back twice but just keep on coming back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.