26 replies to this topic

#1 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hey fellas my wife just ordered me one. Anyone have one? I'm getting the big bore 5ft professional one. :D

#2 sneakygroundbuzzard

sneakygroundbuzzard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3076 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

ive got a blow gun

its plastic,but it works

i have steel pin darts and steel pins with a broad head(as they call them),and plastic blunts

they all work quit well

i can sink the steel ones int o a 2x4 from 15' about 3/4" deep

when my sons were younger and they would have friends over,we used to have blow gun fights.using just the plastic blunts 

but man they will leave a welt when they hit skin

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the constitution"

Thomas Jefferson

a person with a gun is a CITIZEN, a person without a gun is a SERVANT

guns only have two enemies,rust and politicians

when people get on your nerves,just smile,fart and walk away

a happy wife equals a happy life

when your life is in jeapordy, would you rather have a gun in your hands or a cop on the phone?

#3 itzDirty

itzDirty

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

Lol in college the plastic dart was penalty for spilling your beer. Shirt off..... Ladies included. We did not shoot the ladies.... Taking their shirt off was good enough for us!

#4 azpredatorhunter

azpredatorhunter

Just a member...

• Members
  • 3825 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I had a 6' aluminum one years ago! I used spring steel about 6" long and round plastic beads... it worked great, I shot my cousins bike tire and then shot him with just a bead in the leg, he thought I shot him with a dart.... I was LMFAO....he looked like he was going to die...lol...
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. George Washington

#5 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Have ya'll seen the antelope Tim Wells took with his? The video is on you tube I'll try to post it later.

#6 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I had a 6' aluminum one years ago! I used spring steel about 6" long and round plastic beads... it worked great, I shot my cousins bike tire and then shot him with just a bead in the leg, he thought I shot him with a dart.... I was LMFAO....he looked like he was going to die...lol... Lol me and my friends branded our arms when we were young. The one guy that chickened out freaked out when we stuck him with the frozen brand :D. Funniest thing I ever saw. He thought we branded him because the cold metal felt hot to him.

#7 wilded

wilded

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Don't let anyone see you using it.  I got a visit from the police for rolling pigeons out from under an overpass with mine.  They decided not to charge me as they could not find any law violation to put it under.  There is now a law prohibiting their use in my area.

Stop by my Texas Outdoor Blog and leave a comment.

http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/

#8 dwtrees

dwtrees

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1894 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Those things are fun to use and are quite deadly too. The one I have will put a dart through a hollow core door at about 30 feet. We got crazy once and used the air compressor set at 120 psi. Went right through a 2 X 4 (just the wire).

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."         Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Guns are a lot like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".

#9 hunter5567

hunter5567

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

I used to have a dart rifle that used 2 slingshot power bands to power it. It would shoot the steel darts so hard into a tree it would accordion it and mangle it all up. I would shoot cans with it and it would send the dart sailing through the can and pop the bead off the back. I also had a 6ft. takedown blowgun that I would hunt birds with and lizards. The newer .62 cal ones are more powerful.

#10 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

:D

#11 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

It is too much fun. I was running out of breath. :wacko:

#12 sneakygroundbuzzard

sneakygroundbuzzard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 3076 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

22mag.....I think you have to adjust the air volume in you left lung....you're shouting a little low....and to the left.LOL

lol

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the constitution"

Thomas Jefferson

when your life is in jeapordy, would you rather have a gun in your hands or a cop on the phone?

#13 dwtrees

dwtrees

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1894 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

But your windage isn't to bad.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."         Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Guns are a lot like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if... Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".

#14 dwtrees

dwtrees

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1894 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

It is too much fun. I was running out of breath. :wacko:

What, you found a rapid fire model.........lol

#15 Scotty D.

Scotty D.

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I've has an aluminum 5' camo blowgun for 15yrs or so......took a little practice...... but now I knock off thoughs pesty chipmunks with mine.

Same here... Got it from an ad in the back pages of a Field & Stream, or Outdoor Life about 25 yrs ago... I used to kill birds & chipmunks w/ it to feed my pet snakes-- lead pellets were a no-no for shooting snake food.... :teeth:

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
— Thomas Jefferson

#16 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

#17 Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1

The King of Sausage!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1962 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Dead!

Circles are for Donuts. Crosshairs are for Killin!

#18 sneakygroundbuzzard

sneakygroundbuzzard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 3076 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

What kind of snake was that??

A big one

Thomas Jefferson

#19 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18251 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

What kind of snake was that??

Here we go !

Tree Branch Calls

If you use 'em, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#20 22magnum

22magnum

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:30 AM

It was not a chicken snake. I honestly don't know what breed it is. It has a tan body and red head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users