• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 INhunter85

INhunter85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Whats the law on coyote hunting problem coyotes. My buddy is havin problems with coyotes and needs me to take care of it.. Can I do it out of season with indiana dnr permission.

#2 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 17933 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

If they give you permission you can. I'd do my homework before contacting them to ask for permission. See what the requirements for getting that permission are. I'm not telling you to lie to them about the circumstances, but you may be denied or granted that permission by using the right or wrong verbiage. 

Tree Branch Calls

If you use it, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#3 itzDirty

itzDirty

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5021 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I would check with DNR..... If you have a season on coyote there is probably provision for taking them out of season. Check first, call second, be sure of the answer before proceeding.

#4 JTKillough

JTKillough

Magister Invisibilis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

That would be refered to as a depredation hunt. Culling coyotes to control a problem. Fact is, some states have contracted this work out to an ACO "animal control officers or state trappers", which would be called upon to eleviate the problem. You should contact a game warden and ask the appropiate questions. Be sure to specify "coyotes" only.

Don't be silent, stay still, or become invisable.  Thats how you save the shooting sports....You need to VOTE!

#5 Dang Dawg

Dang Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

" OUT OF SEASON" Now that's funny, Problem coyote just blast'm. Out here there is no out if season

Like the shooting ,Love the Hunting

#6 INhunter85

INhunter85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yea we still dont have a year round season...It will be one of those things were we wont have that until its too late and they become a problem.

#7 sneakygroundbuzzard

sneakygroundbuzzard

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 2878 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

yotes out of season

makes no sense to me,i feel sorry for ya

we can blast as many as we want year round,no license required

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the constitution"

Thomas Jefferson

if guns kill people,how does anyone get out of a gun show alive?

guns only have two enemies,rust and politicians

when people get on your nerves,just smile,fart and walk away

a happy wife equals a happy life

when your life is in jeapordy, would you rather have a gun in your hands or a cop on the phone?

#8 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 6293 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

like JT said, more than likely once the DNR receives a complaint they will call in an ACO. I would have your buddy file the complaint and ask about bring in his own hunter (you). The DNR will need to hear from the land owner is these kind of situations.

“The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men” Plato

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.------------"

#9 WarrenCoWarrior

WarrenCoWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'm from the Lafayette area here in Indiana...I talked to a CO by the name of Matt Tholen, he is from the tippecanoe, Montgomery, warren, & Benton counties. He said if you are the landowner the season never ends. If you aren't the landowner you have to have written permission from the landowner on you at all times. As long as you have that you can shoot coyotes year round.

#10 fr3db3ar

fr3db3ar

equal opportunity critter killer

• Members
  • 2685 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'd want to see that in writing, not just a CO opinion.   Just sayin   CYA

#11 1099GL

1099GL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

That's how it is where I live also we can't even lamp them at night!

#12 olsonfia

olsonfia

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

If you get on the Indiana dnr website and goto the furbearers link there's a spot for nuisance animals. If you own the land they can b taken at any time. If you don't own the land you get written permission. Id still call to confirm that with a warden. Those guys have more power than the police

#13 rhammer

rhammer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

You don't need to confirm that with the DNR.  I know for a fact that all you need is landowners written permission on your person while you are hunting.  I'm a hunter ed instructor, and spend countless hours with conservation officers.  Also, coyote's are the only furbearer that you can be in possession of year-round, without a special fur-bearers permit, so you don't have to waste the hide, if you are after hides.  I wish Indiana would go to a year round season, because, make no mistake, they are already a problem here.  And no, they don't have more power than the police, because they are state police officers that are employed by the DNR.  They will however check to see if you have written permission, I know this.  If it makes you feel better, call your district office, but they will tell you the same thing I just did.  I'm not trying to sound pushy to anyone, but this is one time I actually know what I'm talking about, I have to take advantage of it, ya know. :mrgreen:

BTW, where are you located?  I'm in Delaware/Henry county.  I see a lot of those little suckers.  I just wish I could stop screwing up.

#14 WarrenCoWarrior

WarrenCoWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Sorry for the delay, but I'm located around otterbein. I'm in the corner of warren, tippecanoe, & Benton county.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users