Predator Hunting Forum banner

Anyone here eatin' their predators

5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  4Cody4 
#1 ·
Why or why not? I feel not enough people have even tried it, and when it comes to eatins, I will try it at least once.

so discuss it, if you've tried it, was it good? If not what's keeping you? The meat eater fact, dog/cat complex, superstition?

I just haven't got one downed yet

#4 ·
Scott Leysath is 'Eating Crow' on Dead Meat - Sunday Night on Sportsman

2087850.jpg

New Berlin, WI - (February 8, 2013) - The phrase 'eating crow' is about to enact a literal meaning as Scott Leysath is going to change a popular myth about the black-flying scavenger. Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor television for the American Sportsman, is taking viewers to the Deep South for an unforgettable journey of Dead Meat. Leysath and his friends will give viewers an 'A to Z' education on harvesting and preparing crow for consumption in Georgia and South Carolina. Tune in for an epic hunting and culinary adventure with Dead Meat on Sunday, February 10 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Crow's are typically associated with death, scavenging, bad luck and leaving a foul taste in your mouth when eaten. Leysath's first stop is Milledgeville, GA where he and his fellow hunters set up their blinds for a successful crow hunt that yields forty birds. Cleaning out a crow does not include the usual steps of most birds and Leysath is happy to diagram the basics of preparing the bird for consumption. After consuming the crow, Leysath travels to South Carolina to the Charleston Bay Gourmet restaurant to seek out the advice from another chef on preparing a crow for a different flavor.

"I must admit, after trying the crow with breadcrumbs in Georgia, it was fairly neutral in taste and a little chewy," said Scott Leysath, Host of Dead Meat. "When my friends in South Carolina got their hands on the meat, they add their own twist and let a few customers sample the meat which garners more than a few interesting expressions."

#5 ·
Anything I have killed....I hav tried at least once....something's I have tried a few times just to make sure I tried it cooked different...I won't eat k9 again...really didn't like taste....beaver is great.....raccoon not bad...groundhog good....bear awesome....

#6 ·
Beaver is better than great !

#9 ·
#12 ·
I was gonna post someth'in on eat'in wild meat but I learned my lesson years ago (that was a funnie thread.lol.)

beavertrapper--- you should have never have gotten our "he ain't all there,is he" pro staffer started.lol. :naughty:

This beaver eat'in thing could go on for days.lol. :runforhills:

:pawprint:

#18 ·
Haha I just read through it, seems like everytime something uncomfortable like eating bobcat or coyote comes up. The thread goes all over the place.
You gotta remember there young'in---some of these old farts on PT have been out in the timber waaaayyyy too long.lol. :camp:

:pawprint:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.