• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Rory @ R-Dub Outdoors

Rory @ R-Dub Outdoors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Is 15$ for a unskinned coyote good money. What do other people get for their coyotes?

#2 SHampton

SHampton

Major Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hell yes it is!!!!!!1
I said I didn't want to fight, I didn't say I couldn't.

#3 Cheez

Cheez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

The guy who was tanning my first coyote took 10$ off each for the other 2 I shot last year.

FoxPro SpitFire Turkey Feather on an arrow TC Venture in .223 Rem. 870 sps 12 gauge High degree of difficulty, small chance of success... What are we waiting for? Lets Go Yoting!

#4 HowlinRed

HowlinRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

I think it would be here in Va. Our yotes are darker though and I have read that the market likes the lighter color. This is just what I have read. But I would take $15 all day long for a unskinned Va yote!

#5 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18248 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Me too !

Tree Branch Calls

If you use 'em, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#6 NEYOTEMAN

NEYOTEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

We have been getting $20-$25 for good thick coyotes here and that's unskinned!

#7 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • 5823 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Less. They're more red around here. The buyers really like the westerns especially with the pale colors from all the market reports I read. I've been watching them since I was a kid. Some things never change...LOL

FIGHT !!!!

#8 prairiewolf

prairiewolf

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5267 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

I wish I could get $15 unskinned !

EW  Game  Calls

Affordable Custom Calls

http://ewgamecalls.webs.com/

#9 Predator556

Predator556

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Here in utah there is a 50$ bounty just bring in the ears and lower jaw and then send you a check I just go my first check I few day back. Really nice program to break down the population to help farmers out. Get way to make extra cash!!
.223/5.56 round enthusiast

#10 HowlinRed

HowlinRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Man, that would be nice!

#11 Predator556

Predator556

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Yeah it's sweet for the people who take advantage of it. You have to sign up and take an online course that like 20 question on hunting ethics. And also hand in GPS coordinates with the rest of the dog of where you shot it. By its still a simple process for great money for coyote.

#12 HowlinRed

HowlinRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Our county is so broke I don't think they will ever go with the bounty program. Some county's close to here have though and I have heard that some folks have tried to take coyotes to that county. Which defeats the purpose.

#13 Predator556

Predator556

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Ha yeah nice try though.

#14 twesterfield

twesterfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Where do you guys sell um? They're terrible thick up where i hunt and id like to make some cash too! Sent from work most likely.

#15 Daugherty3400

Daugherty3400

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

We used to have a bounty. It was done away with several years back and the is an increase In population (imagine that) but it isn't a bad thing hardly anyone hunts totes anymore. Last I looked a large was 20-25 skinned around here so 15 is pretty good unskinned sounds worth it

#16 itzDirty

itzDirty

Major Contributor

• Members
  • 5068 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

It would be $15 more than I am getting.  I give them away.  I figure if you are going to skin it..  You get all the dough.  Eastern coyote are worth less because their coats are not as soft (more wooly)  I actually just learned today that from a trapping buddy of mine.  

#17 C2C

C2C

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is 15$ for a unskinned coyote good money. What do other people get for their coyotes?

My skinner CHARGES $15  to skin coyotes and I'm happy to pay it .. Last year the Feb. sale was incredible tho prices slackened off on the last sale . I'm fortunate to be in the western pale silky area with light colored dogs . Ave. $102 on first 16 , hi of $140 .. Second sale ave . $62 on 15 , hi of $80 .. Hope it repeats this year .

#18 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • 5823 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Wow ! That's awesome C2C. I'd love to see them maintain for all the guys out there. When I was a kid and we trapped alot in the 70's prices were through the roof for fox. My buddies and I sold ours unskinned to a local guy and we thought we were rich. LOL Can't remember what we got for each but put up fox pelts were selling in the 70 dollar range at the time. Coons were in the area of 35.00 and muskrat was in the high teens. Big money for a 12 year old back then !

FIGHT !!!!

#19 C2C

C2C

Die Hard Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Wow ! That's awesome C2C. I'd love to see them maintain for all the guys out there. When I was a kid and we trapped alot in the 70's prices were through the roof for fox. My buddies and I sold ours unskinned to a local guy and we thought we were rich. LOL Can't remember what we got for each but put up fox pelts were selling in the 70 dollar range at the time. Coons were in the area of 35.00 and muskrat was in the high teens. Big money for a 12 year old back then !

Gonna be interesting to see what the price will be this year .. I personally think it was all supply and demand last year .. Everyone in the country is hunting dogs for hides now as a result of last year .

#20 Rory @ R-Dub Outdoors

Rory @ R-Dub Outdoors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Where do you guys sell um? They're terrible thick up where i hunt and id like to make some cash too! Sent from work most likely.

Go to your local tannery or taxidermist they might buy your coyotes or other fur unskinned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users