40 replies to this topic

#1 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Ted Nugent has agreed that he violated Alaska's curious law that says if you wound an animal - even slightly - it becomes yours, even if you don't recover it. So, when Ted took a second bear, he broke the law. See all the trouble Ted is in here.

#2 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5823 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

If that was a law everywhere we'd all be screwed. I have a few arrows that have been covered in brisket hair. :frusty:

FIGHT !!!!

#3 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

"...we'd all be screwed." Only if we wounded an animal and then killed another. On the surface the law's intent is clear but enforcing such a law is problematic - unless, of course, there's video evidence, as in Uncle Ted's case. If he's not more careful in the future, he's going to run out of places to hunt, since he's already been barred from numerous other states for previous encounters with the law. Ted Nugent was fined $1,750 in Yuba County, California Superior Court after pleading no contest to a charge of baiting deer on his hunting show “Spirit of the Wild.” With that guilty plea, he lost hunting rights in many states under a compact agreement with California and the states that cooperate.

#4 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18082 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

I'm getting the feeling that Ted feels that he knows better than what the law states. He apparently has either a god complex or some really stupid advisors on his show.

Tree Branch Calls

If you use it, they will come !

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#5 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

While I realize some laws are confusing, Ted's gotta be smarter. As vocal as he is, he makes it tougher on the common man. I know if I were to make a "mistake" like some that Ted has made, it would be plastered all over the newpaper. That fear keeps me straight with the law.

#6 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 6338 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

He apparently has either a god complex or some really stupid advisors on his show.

Some of both........

“The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men” Plato

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

“We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.”

#7 hassell

hassell

Die Hard Member

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 7717 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

He's in hot water again I see on the net, his appearance at a military base to perform was canceled because of some comments he made about the President!!!!!!!!!

#8 bones44

bones44

Resident Smart Aleck

• Members
  • 5823 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Lately he's been on a tear about everyone and everything. I'll be honest, he's just saying what many Americans are afraid to say out loud. Many of you guys may disagree how he goes about things but his opinion regarding politicians and the sad state our country is in reflects MANY of our feelings right now. He just has the guts to say them. As far as the laws he broke go, the California "baiting" offense was a synthetic spray being used. No real mention of the product or the name had come to light I've seen. I think he should be fully charged with breaking any game laws as he's no better than anyone else. That part I don't support.

FIGHT !!!!

#9 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

A politician he's not; an American he is.

#10 MountainCoyotes

MountainCoyotes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Wow i like ol ted and thats crazy and if everyone would take good clean shots that would be a kill shot then everyone would be fine
GOD is Love. Thank the LORD for Everything.

#11 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

That's true MC, but in the real world s#$@t happens.

#12 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18082 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

I agree s#!t does happen, Ted definitly needs someone with him when filming (or hunting on his own apparently) that knows the game laws. I understand that the latest offense was for transporting a unlawfully killed bear. As he had wounded the first bear and the limit is one bear that was his tag. As he then shot and killed a second bear(the one he transported) he's guilty plain and simple. I also understand that he has pled that guilty to that offense as well.

Tree Branch Calls

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon !

#13 El Gato Loco

El Gato Loco

Major Contributor

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 3465 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I dunno...sex with underage girls, constantly breaking the law, making stupid comments about the president, crapping his pants to dodge the draft.

Personally I think we put this guy on a pedestal like the black community did with Michael Jackson and fail to see how screwed up he is.

I don't. I see him for what he is. Someone who thinks he's above the law and can do whatever he wants. Hardly a person we want representing us and our interests in my opinion.

You know what they say about opinions though. ;)

#14 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Ted's under a magnifying glass, because of his mouth and antics. And, because of that, anti-hunters, or anyone that opposes Ted-think, love to exploit his wrongs for all to see just how we hunters "really" are. He's out there for all to see. Personally, I don't want to be painted with that brush, or in other words, I don't want him as my representative, either.

#15 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Update:

"I would never knowingly break any game laws," said Ted Nugent. "I'm afraid I was blindsided by this, and I sincerely apologize to everyone for this."

Said Magistrate Judge Michael Thompson "It (the "one-strike policy) probably is not widely known, and if there is a side benefit to the agreement reached here today - since apparently newspapers are interested in Mr. Nugent and his doings - this probably will serve to alert a great many hunters to that very issue and may, in fact, prevent violations in the future and court activity for a whole slew of folks."

#16 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18082 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

I'm sure it has alerted many people to the one strike law, but the law was broken jusrt the same. and a penalty should be paid.

Any word on that ?

Tree Branch Calls

#17 glenway

glenway

Michigan Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Oh, yeah. Under the agreement, Nugent must pay a $10,000 fine and serve two years of probation, including a special condition that he not hunt or fish in Alaska or on U.S. Forest Service properties for a year.

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Ted Nugent pleads guilty to illegal Alaska bear kill

#18 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18082 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

10,000 sounds steep but it's probably like a $500 fine to the rest of us.

Tree Branch Calls

#19 youngdon

youngdon

Prolific Member.....

• PredatorTalk Pro-staff
  • 18082 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

LOL..... RHIP

Tree Branch Calls

#20 220swift

220swift

Old Guys Rule

• Members
  • 6338 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

All of Mr Ted's sponcers should drop him like a rock.....that would get more of his attention than the fine.

“The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men” Plato

Iowan by birth,

Coloradan by the grace of God

(just can't deny those Rocky Mountains)

“We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users